OT: Player rankings [PROTOTYPE IS UP!][Goalies added]

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
Mostly working on backend at the moment.
Admin panel is up, I can add and remove stats now. After this I think I will work on implementing players database.
If someone has nothing to do and wants admin access - pm me :bb:
22c00d191c0d246f265b3780c02b2c31.png

HAHAHA love this whole idea.

Also when i read "My name is Steve and I am a placeholder...", I totally thought it said
"placebo" at first. And it made so much sense, that Steve Ott brings a placebo effect to the team. Anyway, I think each player should have a special power (unique)... (haven't read thru the thread yet, sry if this has already been mentioned)

:yo:

edit: just read through... one suggestion - I think "Passing" should have more weight... it directly creates an assist, and while it is in the same category as deking, hand eye, and puck control, I just think it should have a little more presence (like Shooting has four subcategories).

I'm not quite sure how to incorporate this, but it seems that Passing is higher on the chain than deking, etc. (i.e. on a 2-on-1 the player can pass or shoot, he can deke, but then he still must pass or shoot)

Last edited:

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
HAHAHA love this whole idea.

Also when i read "My name is Steve and I am a placeholder...", I totally thought it said
"placebo" at first. And it made so much sense, that Steve Ott brings a placebo effect to the team. Anyway, I think each player should have a special power (unique)... (haven't read thru the thread yet, sry if this has already been mentioned)

:yo:

edit: just read through... one suggestion - I think "Passing" should have more weight... it directly creates an assist, and while it is in the same category as deking, hand eye, and puck control, I just think it should have a little more presence (like Shooting has four subcategories).

I'm not quite sure how to incorporate this, but it seems that Passing is higher on the chain than deking, etc. (i.e. on a 2-on-1 the player can pass or shoot, he can deke, but then he still must pass or shoot)

Just a thought, but it could be tied to one's offensive awareness/vision.

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
I can add players now!
693c5d9cf4ed9b164e69ae79254a8ba0.png

Damn, this web development **** is much more difficult than I've thought.

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
Okay, I need your advice on these stat groups. Something to add/remove? I will use these for my initial prototype.

Shooting
Slap shot power
Slap shot accuracy
Snap shot power
Snap shot accuracy
Wrist shot power
Wrist shot accuracy
Release (do we need it at all?)
Backhand shot

Skating
Speed
Acceleration
Balance
Agility
Endurance

Defense
Def. awareness
Def. positioning
Stick checking
Shot blocking

Offense
Off. awareness
Off. positioning
Playmaking/Creativity (what to choose?)
Tipping (Did I spell it right?)

Puck skills
Deking
Hand-eye
Passing
Puck control

Misc
Leadership
Faceoffs
Discipline
Playoff performance

Physical
Body checking
Stamina
Durability
Fighting
Strength
Agressiveness

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
Okay, I need your advice on these stat groups. Something to add/remove? I will use these for my initial prototype.

Shooting
Slap shot power
Slap shot accuracy
Snap shot power
Snap shot accuracy
Wrist shot power
Wrist shot accuracy
Release (do we need it at all?)
Backhand shot

Skating
Speed
Acceleration
Balance
Agility
Endurance

Defense
Def. awareness
Def. positioning
Stick checking
Shot blocking

Offense
Off. awareness
Off. positioning
Playmaking/Creativity (what to choose?)
Tipping (Did I spell it right?)

Puck skills
Deking
Hand-eye
Passing
Puck control

Misc
Leadership
Faceoffs
Discipline
Playoff performance

Physical
Body checking
Stamina
Durability
Fighting
Strength
Agressiveness

I would go with Playmaking over Creativity just because it encompasses more players. Creativity can be good or bad. A player can also be good playmaker, but not very creative... so playmaking makes more sense to me.

I'm assuming there is no concern about the weight of each item.

Tipping is spelled correctly... but I think I'm more used to hearing Deflecting or Redirecting.

Release is interesting. I think it should stay. It involves the quickness of the release and how elusive the angle is?

Discipline is too hard to judge from an outsider's perspective in my opinion.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
maybe a category for hustle/effort ? Like Chris Porter would be a 95 and Chris Stewart would be a 65. That kind of stat. Would give a boost to players like Schwartz too, whose qualities are sometimes hard to show up in rankings.

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
Thanks.

Discipline is too hard to judge from an outsider's perspective in my opinion.
When I think about discipline I remember Backes getting stupid penalties close to final whistle that cost us points.

maybe a category for hustle/effort ? Like Chris Porter would be a 95 and Chris Stewart would be a 65. That kind of stat. Would give a boost to players like Schwartz too, whose qualities are sometimes hard to show up in rankings.

Probably can be placed under the "Misc" category I guess.

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
Thanks.

When I think about discipline I remember Backes getting stupid penalties close to final whistle that cost us points.

Probably can be placed under the "Misc" category I guess.

ha that makes sense... interestingly enough, I took discipline to mean something more like effort/hustle hahaha

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
Y'all are lucky I'm too slammed to take Elk up on his offer to get admin rights to his database. Otherwise we'd be having SQL code injection that auto-assigned any 100 point rankings to Cody Beach.

The Grouch

Jan 31, 2009
Y'all are lucky I'm too slammed to take Elk up on his offer to get admin rights to his database. Otherwise we'd be having SQL code injection that auto-assigned any 100 point rankings to Cody Beach.

Cody Beach doesn't need to cheat to receive the highest rankings, he only needs to exist. The world will know soon enough!

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
Prototype is up. You can now grade stats.
You need to be logged in to do this. Registration is very simple, no email confirmation needed.

In order to grade a stat select a player and then click on a stat you want to grade.

Link: http://isnifer.questworld.ru:8888

Your feedback is very appreciated.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
That was fun, though I could change answers given more/certain context. Did anyone mention puck protection or puck battle skill? Are you going to add a link to the player's name to revert to their skill page?

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
That was fun, though I could change answers given more/certain context.
I will add context, that's why I reserved stat info field :) Probably will need some help with the descriptions though.

Are you going to add a link to the player's name to revert to their skill page?
I've added a link to stat list under the update button.

Overall usability can be ******, I've focused mostly on the backend part.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Is it known that everyone has Olli Jokinen's picture? :laugh: Was this intentional? It's hysterical either way.

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
Is it known that everyone has Olli Jokinen's picture? :laugh: Was this intentional? It's hysterical either way.

Well I haven't implemented a picture upload feature yet, so somebody had to be a placeholder photo. Steve Ott was busy being a placeholder logo, so Olli volunteered.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Well I haven't implemented a picture upload feature yet, so somebody had to be a placeholder photo. Steve Ott was busy being a placeholder logo, so Olli volunteered.

:laugh: That's awesome.

What would you say is the difference between stamina and endurance? To me they seem very similar.

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
:laugh: That's awesome.

What would you say is the difference between stamina and endurance? To me they seem very similar.

I think that stamina is an overall ability to maintain a certain level of performance through the whole game. You grow tired and you became slower, less focused etc.

Endurance is a skating ability that shows for how long you can skate like hell though one shift or one game episode.

I can be wrong since English is not my native language. Correct me if I am.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Lol somebody gave Backes D- for leadership and was incredibly generous to Tarasenko.

I just did the offensive categories for Schwartz and one thing I notice right off the bat is that it would be good if you could enter all the ratings from the same page instead of having to click each attribute and add the rating on a new page. It's gonna take forever if you have to click a new page for all 20 or 30 categories

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
I just did the offensive categories for Schwartz and one thing I notice right off the bat is that it would be good if you could enter all the ratings from the same page instead of having to click each attribute and add the rating on a new page. It's gonna take forever if you have to click a new page for all 20 or 30 categories

Yeah I will make a better voting system so u won't have to load each attribute. Just need more time :)

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
Implemented a photo upload feature, now Olli can rest.
YgGdKLs.jpg

Also added our defensemen.
Tomorrow gonna try to do something about voting process.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad