Player Impressions - Paul Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Garfield said:
As much as his posts annoy me sometimes, I kind of agree with him this time. I'll cut Martin some slack because he is only a rookie but he did not impress me at all last night. He was losing battles, getting knocked silly a few times by Finn forwards and out of position a couple times that I noticed.

Cut him some slack, what are you going to cut him slack for? In three games he was a +3 and as far as I can recall he was never on the ice for one goal against, and for a ROOKIE that's damn impressive. And I recall him getting knock around silly once near center ice by Ville Peltonen but other than that, that was it. What other times are you talking about?

Garfield said:
He will be a very good defenceman in the NHL for years but I don't think this is the right time to start a thread looking for praise. He was mediocre IMO.

Look I am not suggesting he's Norris trophy material by any means, but if you were to ask any of his Team USA teammates I doubt you can find one of them that would suggest he was just mediocre. But in fairness I did make a point to watch him everytime he was on the ice and he's one of those players who can play under the rader because he's not a flashy player and I could see how people might underestimate his play.

Snap Wilson

Sep 14, 2003
Count me as among the impressed as well, although it's only one tournament. I'll watch him more closely during this (potential) season.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
borro said:
Hall of Famer??? Only if you don't have to play defense. Offensively Leetch is great. Great skater, awesome passing and puck sense, Great powerplay guy. Defensively, ummm, what was the Rangers record with him and Poti? 'Nuff said. He is NOWHERE near a HOF'er and needs to be looked at as a premiere offensive talent-period.

If Leetch doesn't make the Hall of Fame I'll be shocked.

Higgy4

Jan 18, 2004
Toledo, Ohio
This is probably for another thread, but....Brian Leetch will be a Hall of Famer. I dont think there should even be a debate about it. I am not a big Leetch fan, but its simply idiotic to even THINK he wont get in. One of the highest scoring D-men of all time. Norris Trophy Winner...Conn Smythe Trophy Winner...Stanley Cup Winner...consistently and All Star, and simply one of the Top 10 American players of all time.

It isnt even debateable.

Higgy4

Jan 18, 2004
Toledo, Ohio
borro said:
Hall of Famer??? Only if you don't have to play defense. Offensively Leetch is great. Great skater, awesome passing and puck sense, Great powerplay guy. Defensively, ummm, what was the Rangers record with him and Poti? 'Nuff said. He is NOWHERE near a HOF'er and needs to be looked at as a premiere offensive talent-period.

I guess Paul Coffey doesnt make it either. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad