Player Impressions - Paul Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Being a Devils and avid Paul Martin fan, I'm interested in hearing what fans of other teams think of Martin's performance in the World Cup. I personally think he was fantastic and got stronger and stronger as the tournament proceeded, but I want to hear about impressions both good and bad of his play.

blah

Jun 24, 2003
He looked good, Gomez also probably did more than Roenick could've.

Burnaby_Joe*

He didn't look good tonight. He lost all the loose puck battles.

paxtang

May 1, 2003
Harrisburg
Tito_Ortiz said:
He didn't look good tonight. He lost all the loose puck battles.

Martin looked great tonight (and looked great all year). But you're just a troll, so we can ask for anything worthwhile tonight.

Waveburner

Sep 22, 2002
Seriously, how can you read post after post of that Tito clown and NOT have him on ignore? STOP quoting him, stop responding and move on. Proving yourself smarter than a moron proves nothing.

Vic Rattlehead*

Waveburner said:
Seriously, how can you read post after post of that Tito clown and NOT have him on ignore? STOP quoting him, stop responding and move on. Proving yourself smarter than a moron proves nothing.
:clap: :clap:

monkey_00*

Paul Martin?........

Well I gotta say here that I really hate that name.........I mean everytime people talk about this hockey player it reminds me of our Canadian Prime Minister......both have the same name.........I highly recommend that this guy get a name change............He can keep the last name "Martin" but get rid of the "Paul"......and instead come up with something else like DEAN...........as in DEAN MARTIN............"You're Nobody 'til Somebody Loves You"..................."I Can't Believe That You're In Love With Me"..............."When the Moon hit'sa You eyes like a Biga Pizza pie THAT's Amore."

Cheers!~

monkey_00

Vic Rattlehead*

monkey_00 said:
Paul Martin?........

Well I gotta say here that I really hate that name.........I mean everytime people talk about this hockey player it reminds me of our Canadian Prime Minister......both have the same name.........I highly recommend that this guy get a name change............He can keep the last name "Martin" but get rid of the "Paul"......and instead come up with something else like DEAN...........as in DEAN MARTIN............"You're Nobody 'til Somebody Loves You"..................."I Can't Believe That You're In Love With Me"..............."When the Moon hit'sa You eyes like a Biga Pizza pie THAT's Amore."

Cheers!~

monkey_00
:lol Paul Martin in an annoying name for Canadians.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
19bruins19 said:
:lol Paul Martin in an annoying name for Canadians.
But his name will be a great one for us Devils fans. :yo:

He was just outstanding in this World Cup, boy do we have a gem or what?

monkey_00*

>>>But his name will be a great one for us Devils fans.

He was just outstanding in this World Cup, boy do we have a gem or what?<<<
===================================

Lou_is_God.........

Great!........while you're at it maybe you can even take away our Prime Minister as well and have him for yourselves. :D

Cheers!~

monkey_00

High flyin' Habs*

Isn't Paul Martin a rookie?? If he is then thats impresive.

Higgy4

Jan 18, 2004
Toledo, Ohio
Takkie said:
Martin has looked Awesome, the next Brian Leetch IMO, solid in his own zone and good aat moving the puck up.

The NEXT Brian Leetch? Cmon...Martin is good, but Leetch is a bonafide Hall of Famer. A tad too early to being using that comparison with Martin. WAY too early.

High flyin' Habs*

Higgy4 said:
The NEXT Brian Leetch? Cmon...Martin is good, but Leetch is a bonafide Hall of Famer. A tad too early to being using that comparison with Martin. WAY too early.

I agree. We'll see how he faires in 3-4 years.

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
Higgy4 said:

Hall of Famer??? Only if you don't have to play defense. Offensively Leetch is great. Great skater, awesome passing and puck sense, Great powerplay guy. Defensively, ummm, what was the Rangers record with him and Poti? 'Nuff said. He is NOWHERE near a HOF'er and needs to be looked at as a premiere offensive talent-period.

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
Doomsday Device said:
I was impressed with Martin. He's a very smart hockey player and was calm when under pressure in his zone and when skating with the puck. His main weakness is that he doesn't seem to be very strong and could be beaten in puck battles along the boards by bigger or more aggressive players.

I think he was steady. An NHL level player, solid game, not a huge liability. Good player. I wish the Caps had him!

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
He's been okay. Nothing great, no big mistakes like Leetch last night! I guess you could say I'm still not sold on him...he doesn't strike me as the top 10 d-men in the league type of guy that most Devils fans will have you believe. He'll be a solid #2-4 dman.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
monkey_00 said:
>>>But his name will be a great one for us Devils fans.

He was just outstanding in this World Cup, boy do we have a gem or what?<<<
===================================

Lou_is_God.........

Great!........while you're at it maybe you can even take away our Prime Minister as well and have him for yourselves. :D

Cheers!~

monkey_00
Can he clean?

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Sting004 said:
He's been okay.
Com'on, he was better than okay. The kid is a rookie who was thrown in as a last minute replacement and performed like a 12 year veteran out there. I watched him closely last night and he didn't make ONE mistake in the game and was prehaps USA's best defenseman. Believe me he was better than okay.

HellsBells

Nov 6, 2003
PEI
Visit site
Waveburner said:

As much as his posts annoy me sometimes, I kind of agree with him this time. I'll cut Martin some slack because he is only a rookie but he did not impress me at all last night. He was losing battles, getting knocked silly a few times by Finn forwards and out of position a couple times that I noticed.

He will be a very good defenceman in the NHL for years but I don't think this is the right time to start a thread looking for praise. He was mediocre IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad