Player Discussion: Who are your current must-have Capitals?

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
Ovi - #1C - Ward
Mojo - #2C - Kuz
Chimera- Latta - Wilson
Fehr - Laich - Brown

Alzner - Carlson
#3D - Orlov
Schmidt - Carrick

Let this roster play for 40 games then makes adjustments.

That lineup is downright disgusting. I think I can count the amount of surefire NHL talent on one hand.

butters8814*

Ovi, kuz, alzner, carlson wilson. With the caps being so under the cap coming up and a good prospect pool, Lets hope next season this team could finally be good

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
The only must-haves in my mind are Ovechkin, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Carlson, and Alzner. Grabovski too if the price and term is right.

ryan519*

Ovie
Backstrom
Carlson
Alzner
Ward
Chimera
Fehr
Kuznetsov
Wilson
Holtby
Orlov

If we can, I'd like to see stastny at the 2C, maybe for a trade involving mojo Brouwer and some picks
Pretty clear green's ass needs to be dumped, trotz should see that right away

Also looking at most of your lists, did u guys forget how great our third line was ES? Only line that worked their ***** off every night. We should keep them

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
Ovie
Backstrom
Carlson
Alzner
Ward
Chimera
Fehr
Kuznetsov
Wilson
Holtby
Orlov

If we can, I'd like to see stastny at the 2C, maybe for a trade involving mojo Brouwer and some picks
Pretty clear green's ass needs to be dumped, trotz should see that right away

Also looking at most of your lists, did u guys forget how great our third line was ES? Only line that worked their ***** off every night. We should keep them
We should keep them, agreed, but they aren't "must-have" to me. I wouldn't lose sleep if they were dealt.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
MUST have? ugh.. thats tough.

Id go with Alzner / Carlson / Ovechkin

I'm not even sure I'm confident that any player we have is a MUST have anymore, I don't think id be too upset if any single player was traded now days, but the return better be worth it.

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
--------------------------- we won't find a better option for any of those players. They exist but realistically defensemen in their prime who have played at allstar level,a #1 center and Ovi like production don't come available.

ryan519*

I think it would be fairly easy to move green for a good return. Make a trade with st.louis who need more offense which green can supply, and are overloaded in defense, so they could take the hit in defense green also supplies for that offense

Package him with mojo or Brouwer, a pick, try and land shattenkirk

Liberati0n*

I think it would be fairly easy to move green for a good return. Make a trade with st.louis who need more offense which green can supply, and are overloaded in defense, so they could take the hit in defense green also supplies for that offense

That would be a horrible trade for Washington. Just keep Green if that's what you'd do with him.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012

There is no way that Shattenkirk is that much better than Green. I'm not even sure he's any better than Green at all.

ryan519*

Who the hell else would the blues give up? Forget pietrangelo, maybe bouwmeester for that veteran d presence. Doesn't have to be blues but makes sense to make some offers with them

I mean honestly who would u guys realistically want for green? At least shattenkirk was part of a very solid defensive system

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
It doesn't make sense at all to offer him to the Blues.

Pietrangelo is a ton better than Green and Shattenkirk is very good and on a better contract. A right-handed puck moving defenseman is about the last thing they need. They need a 1C and/or and alpha scorer.

Vancouver, Dallas, Anaheim, and San Jose are some teams that make a lot of sense to target.

ryan519*

It doesn't make sense at all to offer him to the Blues.

Pietrangelo is a ton better than Green and Shattenkirk is very good and on a better contract. A right-handed puck moving defenseman is about the last thing they need. They need a 1C and/or and alpha scorer.

Vancouver, Dallas, Anaheim, and San Jose are some teams that make a lot of sense to target.

Like who, vlasic?

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Like who, vlasic?

They won't trade Vlasic.

But from those teams (outside of futures):

Vancouver - Any of Kesler, Edler, Hamhuis, Garrison, Bieksa if they'll waive.
Dallas - Daley, Dillon
Anaheim - Cogliano
San Jose - Thornton, Marleau if they'l waive

It's almost pointless to speculate on trades without any idea who's interested or who's available.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
They won't trade Vlasic.

Dallas - Daley, Dillon
Anaheim - Cogliano

It's almost pointless to speculate on trades without any idea who's interested or who's available.

Daley's a beast. I'd love to have him in DC.

Paddis

Apr 18, 2014
Trondheim
I can't see Nashville moving Josi, he's valued too highly in Nashville. If they were to let him go, it would have to be for overpayment and top offensive talent. Can't see them giving up Josi for the likes of Mojo, Brouwer etc. He's on a great contract and averages 26,5 minutes every night with Weber.

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
They won't trade Vlasic.

Dallas - Daley, Dillon
Anaheim - Cogliano

If Anahiem offered Beauchiman and one of Etem/dsp/Rakell for Green and Brouwer/mojo would you do that?

Carlzner
Beau Orlov
One of the many third pair options.

LifetimeUFA

Apr 12, 2014
If Anahiem offered Beauchiman and one of Etem/dsp/Rakell for Green and Brouwer/mojo would you do that?

Carlzner
Beau Orlov
One of the many third pair options.

Beau and Rakell for Green and Brouwer would be a heck of a deal. we might have to throw in a late round pick though

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I feel like roman Josi wouldn't be too far fetched

Really?

Ask any Nashville fan and 99% of them say that they would rather trade Jones than Josi, despite the huge potential he has. Some of them even say that Josi was better than Weber at times last season. You need to give up pretty quality forward if you want to get Josi because he's that highly valued there and that's what the Predators need. Not draft picks or more grinders like Brouwer.

capitalsrock

Sep 7, 2012
Backstrom
Kuznetsov
Carlson
Alzner
Grubauer
Orlov
Grabovski
Ward
Chimera
Fehr