Player Discussion: Who are your current must-have Capitals?

JenniferH

Holts Did It
Nov 7, 2013
Georgia
Forget contracts, plausibility and possibility... just take into account personal preference. Which players are "must-have's" on the Capitals for you currently? Which guys do you want to see next season at Verizon Center because it's just what YOU want?

For me the players I want in those Caps jerseys the most are:

- Holtby
- Ovechkin
- Backstrom
- Fehr
- Ward
- Chimera
- Wilson
- Orlov
- Kuznetsov
- Grabovski
- Carlson

And I still miss Perrault. :nod:

(Not sure how to add a poll, but if one is felt to be needed, go for it!)

Last edited:

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Ovechkin, Backstrom, Ward, Chimera, Wilson, Kuznetsov, Grabovski, Carlson, Alzner, Laata, Orlov, Chris Brown, Kundratek.

JenniferH

Holts Did It
Nov 7, 2013
Georgia
Ovechkin, Backstrom, Ward, Chimera, Wilson, Kuznetsov, Grabovski, Carlson, Alzner, Laata, Orlov, Chris Brown, Kundratek.
I forgot Orlov, I have to add him to my list. I knew I was forgetting someone. I'd have to see more with Kundratek, and Burakovsky shows some fantastic promise as well. But I'm holding out until I see them play more in the big-time.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
Ovechkin, Backstrom, Kuznetsov.

I'd be disappointed if the following were shipped off, but it's not the end of the world: Carlson, Alzner, Green, Orlov, Fehr, Wilson, Burakovsky

The rest of them... meh.

LifetimeUFA

Apr 12, 2014
Nicky, Ovi, Kuzya, Alzner, Carlson, Wilson, Orlov, Holtby and Gruby. Prospects we should keep are Burakovsky, Bowey, Barber, and Sanford.

Last edited:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Technically, none of them. Everyone should be subject to the possibility of the right trade offer. But personally I want to see Ovechkin, Orlov, Kuz, Grabo, and Wilson.

There are other players I like or who bring elements to the team but to me the only ones that should definitely stay are the star/captain and a few of the newer guys who have upside and need more time in the sweater.

Liberati0n*

Other than the obvious, I hope Latta and Brown get a legit shot next year.

If Wilson's going to be up again, playing with those two is a good way to make him more than a g00n. Give them decent minutes and they can be a useful agitating/energy line that other teams really don't like.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
I don't know, I'd even move Ovechkin for the appropriate return. Barring that:
AO, Nick, Carlzner, Kuzya, Holtby, Orlov. All the guys who haven't shown their best the last years but are capable of being awesome.

Efactor

Dec 10, 2002
hfboards.mandatory.com
Ovi - #1C - Ward
Mojo - #2C - Kuz
Chimera- Latta - Wilson
Fehr - Laich - Brown

Alzner - Carlson
#3D - Orlov
Schmidt - Carrick

Let this roster play for 40 games then makes adjustments.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Kuz Backstrom Ovie Alzner Carlson

rest can be replaced

excited to see what a active trader in Shero can do with the plug players GMGM left him

LifetimeUFA

Apr 12, 2014
I have been really high on Bowey, I followed his Kelowna team all season. He is a really smart player like Alzner but has the ability to QB the PP. One more year in the WHL and he could be ready to go

CapsJunkie

Beaglchuck scores
May 3, 2014
Anchorage, Alaska
I have been really high on Bowey, I followed his Kelowna team all season. He is a really smart player like Alzner but has the ability to QB the PP. One more year in the WHL and he could be ready to go

I think he's going to be great too. his contract states he gets 10 games with the caps next year. He and Burakovski, or their contract slides.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
id like for them to win. so I don't care who they hire as gm or coach or which players they keep or dump or whatever if they do that. the only core player that might be moved is green who I expect them to keep if trotz and shero are coming.

I don't have a hate on for any of the current players. I would like to see what Schmidt can do with a real coach and system. I think he is a solid top 4 d when he gets enough experience.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00