Player Discussion: Rundblad

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Has only played 11 games this year despite being on the main roster all season.

This trade keeps getting better and better for Ottawa and their acquisition of Kyle Turris.

BTW, we can use this thread to keep tabs on whether Rundblad suits up for the Coyotes.

Kellogs

G'night Sweet Prince
Dec 23, 2008
Ottawa
what-you-did-there-i-see-it.jpg

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Rundblad's last game for Phoenix was January 2nd - a 2-0 loss to Columbus.

Prior to that, it was an OT-L against Vancouver on December 6th.

He has 1 point in 11 games this year and is a -3.

Phoenix's record with him in the line-up is 4-5-2 with a points/per/game of 0.90.

Without Rundblad in the lineup, the record is 17-11-7 with a points/per/game of 1.17.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

First, a Silfverberg thread & now a Rundblad thread .... you are tempting me to make an Elliott thread. :rant:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Basically we traded a guy who can't play in the NHL for our most effective and consistent player this season.

I'd say that's a pretty good return.

I'm interested in having a discussion about this as the season goes on.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada

This trade keeps getting better and better for Ottawa and their acquisition of Kyle Turris.

BTW, we can use this thread to keep tabs on whether Rundblad suits up for the Coyotes.

This is why you're my favorite poster...

tumblr_mezy08dbze1qbm00wo1_500.gif

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Stat line of the last 10 games for the Senators and Phoenix.

K. Turris:

W @ MIN 1 G 1 A 2 PTS +0
W @ NAS 1 G 0 A 2 PTS +1
OTL @ COL 1 G 0 A 1 PTS +1
W @ MON 0 G 0 A 0 PTS -1
W vs WIN 0 G 1 A 1 PTS +0
W vs WAS 1 G 0 A 1 PTS +2
W vs BOS 0 G 1 A 1 PTS +0
L @ BOS 0 G 0 A 0 PTS -1
W vs PIT 1 G 0 A 1 PTS +2
OTL vs PHO 1 G 0 A 1 PTS +0

10 GP 6 G 3 A 9 PTS +4

D. Rundblad

L @ STL DNP
L @ WPG DNP
L vs ANA DNP
L vs MIN DNP
W vs CGY DNP
L vs PHI DNP
L vs CLB 0 G 0 A 0 PTS +0
W vs EDM DNP
OTL @ ANA DNP
SOL vs SJS DNP

1 GP 0 G 0 A 0 PTS +0

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Give him time. He's a young defenceman, who just needs a few years to get acclimatized to the NHL sized rink, and dry air in Phoenix.

He will be much better than Turris soon, mostly because he is Swedish.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Five for Howling mid-season review on the Phoenix Coyotes:

Former first round pick Connor Murphy made his NHL debut and has remained in the top-4, while clearly jumping Michael Stone and David Rundblad on the depth chart.

http://www.fiveforhowling.com/2014/1/7/5280648/phoenix-coyotes-mid-season-review

Hooked on Hockey Mid-Season prediction of the Ottawa Senators:

Kyle Turris turns out to be more of a playmaker and does better than predicted with 18 goals and 42 assists, more than doubling his career high of 29 points.

http://www.hookedonhockeymagazine.com/ottawa-senators-2013-14-mid-season-prediction-review/

Discuss.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com

I think Rundblad's numbers are deceiving though. He still has time to become an elite player in the NHL. I am very glad to see we are tracking his progress in relation to the Turris trade., because it will be interesting to watch it all unfold over the course of the next few years. Although Turris is clearly one of our three best players this season, and possibly the best, an argument can be made that Phoenix still wins this trade.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I think Rundblad's numbers are deceiving though. He still has time to become an elite player in the NHL. I am very glad to see we are tracking his progress in relation to the Turris trade., because it will be interesting to watch it all unfold over the course of the next few years. Although Turris is clearly one of our three best players this season, and possibly the best, an argument can be made that Phoenix still wins this trade.

Sure, an argument can be made.

But it's difficult for Rundblad to improve while being on the shelf for an entire season, playing one in 4 games. Meanwhile, they don't want to send him down because he'll have to pass through waivers, so he's not playing anywhere, and he's been bypassed by other defencemen in their system in the depth chart. (as indicated in the above article)

If anything, his development will stagnate as he waits for his fate.

Meanwhile, our player is playing every game, and has emerged as the current primary offensive catalyst of the team after a single season's worth of games for Ottawa and two noteworthy playoff performances.

Obviously it's hard to imagine that argument being made on the basis of any kind of existing statistical evidence.

Not to mention, they are only a year apart in age.

Time will tell, but I'm reasonably confident.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011

This trade only made up for the blunder of trading (effectively) Tarasenko for Runblad in the first place ......

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
This trade only made up for the blunder of trading (effectively) Tarasenko for Runblad in the first place ......

That's like saying Ottawa traded Chet Pickard and Taylor Beck to Nashville for Erik Karlsson.

Chet Pickard has played primarily in the ECHL in terms of his professional career.

Taylor Beck has played 18 games in the NHL.

Does that make up for Tarasenko for Rundblad?

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
That's like saying Ottawa traded Chet Pickard and Taylor Beck to Nashville for Erik Karlsson.

Chet Pickard has played primarily in the ECHL in terms of his professional career.

Taylor Beck has played 18 games in the NHL.

Does that make up for Tarasenko for Rundblad?

I wouldn't trade Pickard and Beck for Karlsson.
They have a lot of upside and Karlsson is bad defensively. Have you watched him play? He's like a 4th forward...

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
If only you put this much effort into things that were actually worthwhile.

As someone who has actually met NyQuil- I can assure you that you have no idea what you're talking about.

But not everyone is blessed with a sense of humour.

Margaret Trudeau*

Turris is a straight shooter. Smart, hardworking and finally a centre with some skill other than mongtard spezza.

Once zibinabad gets older i have no problem letting NY sign spezza.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad