Player Discussion: Patric Hornqvist

lmfl123

Jan 25, 2015
At this point, anybody on the team not named Crosby should be available in the right deal. Right deal meaning overpayment of course. No tweaks are going to get this team deep into the playoffs without a lot of luck. Since the team is going to need retooling in the offseason, there is no reason not to begin it now if the right opportunity comes along.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Even with his dry spell, PH still has 15 goals on the year. That's 10 more than James Neal, for the closet Neal fans who still have a beef about the trade.

If you traded every forward who goes on a bad 20 game stretch, you would turn over your entire forward roster every two years. I don't know where this impatience comes from, but it's silly.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I love him but he's not bringing it. There's a lot of deadweight, sure, however his cost places the target on his back.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Even with his dry spell, PH still has 15 goals on the year. That's 10 more than James Neal, for the closet Neal fans who still have a beef about the trade.

If you traded every forward who goes on a bad 20 game stretch, you would turn over your entire forward roster every two years. I don't know where this impatience comes from, but it's silly.
It´s not a bad month that scares us. It´s his age, his contract and lack of fit 5 vs 5. And imagine him in 2023 when we still have him signed at 5.3M...

Reactions: cassius

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
It´s not a bad month that scares us. It´s his age, his contract and lack of fit 5 vs 5. And imagine him in 2023 when we still have him signed at 5.3M...
Agreed.

Let’s respect history around here.. remember how many folks thought Kunitz was a steal at $4M / year?

That sentiment didn’t last too long... the wheels fell off and we were essentially paying $4M/year for a bottom sixer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad