Player Discussion: Olli "Captain" Juolevi | II

Status
Not open for further replies.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Stat's don't bore out what you want them to and don't jive with your feels! Let's just change the argument! :laugh:

You said scoring 50 pts as a rookie isn't a big deal. Now are you saying we need to drop it to sub 40 pts? You just keep reinforcing that you have no idea what you are talking about.

so many straw men.

1. i didn't ever say 50 pts as a rookie is not a big deal. i implied that it is not necessarily an indicator of future success by citing three 50 pt rookies who did not go on to bigger and better point totals. there are two specific posts now explaining this very clearly. do you have trouble with reading comprehension?

2. i didn't say we need to drop anything to 40 points. i said that if you are going to claim nathan mackinnon is in the same cohort as keith tkachuk (which i disagree with) then that cohort also includes any player who is the same distance behind keith tkachuk's rookie ppg average as tkachuk is behind mackinnon on ppg.

in future you should read carefully before you type. you seem to keep tripping over yourself.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
When 1st line Wingers were still on the table ? Getting a #3 D-man with the 5th overall is absolutely the wrong choice. The only way this pick is justified is if OJ turns out to be a true #1

Huh you do realize that it's pretty well noted based on the marketplace that #2 dman and top line wingers have similar value.

Suggesting that Juolevi has to develop into a #1 dman to justify passing on tkachuk is just ridiculous.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Mackinnon PPG .768 in 17.3 MPG
Skinner PPG .768 in 16.7 MPG
Tkachuk PPG .639 in 14.2 MPG

Once you normalize for ice time they are almost identical at 2.76, 2.71, and 2.66 pts/60 respectively.

I'd say that's easily the same tier.

so now we are using scoring per 60 stats to compare rookies on different teams in different years? whatever you say.

if you go that far, you'd better wait for season end. tkachuk's atoi is still skewed right now because of early season deployment, and it's pretty risky to project a rookie first half ppg to ppg for second half.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Huh you do realize that it's pretty well noted based on the marketplace that #2 dman and top line wingers have similar value.

Suggesting that Juolevi has to develop into a #1 dman to justify passing on tkachuk is just ridiculous.

That's a broad generalization of a player's value by lumping them all into "first line wingers" and "#2 D men".

Edler is a #2 D man. Could he get us Tarasenko? Wheeler? Panarin? Pacioretti? Hall? Voracek? Couture? Ehlers?

If so then we are really making a mistake by sitting on him and not trying to upgrade our forward group significantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad