Player Discussion: Jake Virtanen | XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
Just for the record, this accumulates to $14,902.73 in wasted cap space for the 3 days that he was recalled "to collect his stuff". I know its not much but that would be $65,426.85 to add by trade deadline - if you were really into playoff contention mode. :laugh:

Oh and its getting better:

BloatedGuppy

Jun 29, 2007
Vancouver
I hope he remembered to bring all his stuff this time.

And for the record, I too was disturbed at the number of shots he was taking in that "Virtanen's shots" montage. It reminded me of an earlier montage of his hits in which all he did was throw hits. What a terrible, limited hockey player. :shakehead

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Ugh, if he has to sit a full week (if he misses tonights game), that would be just so classic for this situation.

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
this guy is gonna get traded

good for him and maybe for the canucks too. hopefully they can get a 1st for him

virtanen + sbisa + baertschi/cbj 2nd to buffalo for kane and their 1st ( they will prob be bottom 10 and canucks can redo the virtanen pick)

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Ugh, if he has to sit a full week (if he misses tonights game), that would be just so classic for this situation.

"We looked at the schedule and saw the opportunity to get him into a couple of games on the weekend in Utica. We then thought it best he come back and have a good week of practice with the NHL club before making a decision. We decided today that sending him down to Utica for an unspecified amount of time is the correct thing to do".

Or that is how I imagine the spin on this latest cluster will go.

Unbelievable.

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
this guy about to get traded

good for him and maybe for the canucks too. hopefully they can get a 1st for him

virtanen + sbisa + baertschi/cbj 2nd to buffalo for kane and their 1st ( they will prob be bottom 10 and canucks can redo the virtanen pick)

Dont think Murray is that stupid. He probably could get Sbisa + Baertschi/CLB 2nd for Kane alone from Grandmaster B and Virtanen aint worth BUF 1st right now. The Canucks doing their best to kill any value he has.

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
"We looked at the schedule and saw the opportunity to get him into a couple of games on the weekend in Utica. We then thought it best he come back and have a good week of practice with the NHL club before making a decision. We decided today that sending him down to Utica for an unspecified amount of time is the correct thing to do".

Unbelievable.

Not to mention that he will have travelled across the continent two times in 4 day just to have a couple of practices with the Canucks and collect his stuff.

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden

Unbelievable.

Was convinced that was an actual quote. You sure it isn't? Seems like exactly what they would say!

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Just for the record, this accumulates to $14,902.73 in wasted cap space for the 3 days that he was recalled "to collect his stuff". I know its not much but that would be $65,426.85 to add by trade deadline - if you were really into playoff contention mode. :laugh:

Lmao.

Maybe they had a trade worked out for him but it fell through?

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
What a gong show. At least they finally are gonna get him playing.

Only wasted 5 weeks of his development......not crushing but idiotic.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
I'm glad he's got his stuff. Now we can stop worrying.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014

Wheres hershey

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
The right decision, but man this organization is a mess. You can tell that there's some sort internal power struggle going on.

Really hope Jake finds his game in Utica. I want to see him back to playing a fast-paced game and throwing his weight around.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Would be nice to see him at least score a goal in the ahl.

Boy, in a few years the full story will come out on all this and it's going to be something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad