Player Discussion: Brock Boeser | III | Our Boy in College

Status
Not open for further replies.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
The Canucks should give him as loaded a ELC as they can.

No the Canucks shouldn't give Boeser any more performance bonuses than they gave Virtanen. If an incentive is needed, the incentive should be to burn a year of ELC and have him play a few NHL games before the year is finished.

He had the choice Demko did ... one more year of college or turn pro. Demko did it even though the negative nellies on here were sure he would bolt. Same with Boeser I hope. Only difference is that Demko is slotted to spend a year in Utica, whereas Boeser is old enough to step in with the Canucks.

You're talking about different scenarios. Boeser still has 2 years of college after this one. Demko had one more and then he could be a UFA.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
I will say I am actually quite intrigued by Lockwood now. Clip from a couple weeks back where he took a hit from a D-man and just leveled him then went down and sniped top shelf was pretty impressive for NCAA.

Demko is also a good bet to be a starter and hopefully he picks it up in a couple months of adjusting.

Juolevi is also safe to be a #3 ish d-man.

Everything else is pretty mediocre.

Lockwood hit+goal at 3:30:

We wasted a #5 overall pick on a THIRD-ish defensmen??? WTF.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
The Tkchak that has 0 points in 8 games so far and who's clearly being rushed?

Also can people get more sensitive ?
How the **** is Joulevi clearly a third-ish defenceman

Google is your friend...Tkachuk has 3 points in 7 games. And evidently he's playing well. He wasn't even my first choice at #5, but I wouldn't be knocking him.

The issue around Juolevi was always upside. Everyone thinks he'll be a solid defenseman, but how much upside is there? Is everything goes right maybe he's a Lindholm. Otherwise maybe he's a Hamhuis-level player (which is still mighty fine).

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Google is your friend...Tkachuk has 3 points in 7 games. And evidently he's playing well. He wasn't even my first choice at #5, but I wouldn't be knocking him.

The issue around Juolevi was always upside. Everyone thinks he'll be a solid defenseman, but how much upside is there? Is everything goes right maybe he's a Lindholm. Otherwise maybe he's a Hamhuis-level player (which is still mighty fine).
Well, guess I got the wrong info

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Like I said

People thought it was just another game and Boeser and Jost were shut-down.

MDU plays the most NHL style of game.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Held pointless and they won.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's what they were aiming for.

Well goal scoring is variable but getting shots is a good predictor of how well you played. 6 shots means he probably played well but just didn't get one. Maybe bad luck, maybe good goaltending. 0 shots is a lot closer to getting "shut down".

banme*

Jun 7, 2014

Who was your choice at 5 if I may ask?

beachcomber

Apr 6, 2015
Held pointless and they won.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's what they were aiming for.

If the experts here think he is going to step in the NHL and score 30 goals in his first season they better temper their expectations a bit.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Who was your choice at 5 if I may ask?

Clayton Keller followed closely by Jost.

Pronman was super high on Keller. For prospects I value F>D in terms of projectability. And we certainly have an organizational need at center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad