"Player 61" is one of the best nicknames I've EVER heard.

Kerni

Awaiting moderation
Apr 13, 2006
Sainte-Julie
Was he talking about Eller or Diaz? On the radio I thought he was calling Eller "player 61" but I might have heard incorrectly...

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
for some reason now that you mentionnd agent 47, I can't get that image of a tall bald guy with a barcode in the back of his head wearing Diaz's uniform with no one noticing anything weird

Mr_Lyle

Apr 5, 2007
Was he talking about Eller or Diaz? On the radio I thought he was calling Eller "player 61" but I might have heard incorrectly...

He was talking about Diaz making the suicide pass. He was blaming Diaz for what happened to Lars.

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
I like it. And it's very habbish, in the sense that 'Habs' was a nickname given to us by the Rangers?? that we embraced.

Mr_Lyle

Apr 5, 2007
for some reason now that you mentionnd agent 47, I can't get that image of a tall bald guy with a barcode in the back of his head wearing Diaz's uniform with no one noticing anything weird

To me is sounds like he's a robot or a machine or the Borg. "He doesn't have a name. His designation is Player 61".

void

Jan 5, 2006
raphael-diaz.jpg

Apr 28, 2010
Ive always thought its disrespectful when a coach doesnt know a player's name. Player 61? You can read his jersey number but not his name? What a moron. Thought McLean has class.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Maybe we should start referring to all Habs players like this.. I hope "player 31" as a great game tonight and "player 76" can score a couple of PP goals on nice passes from "player 79".

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
Ive always thought its disrespectful when a coach doesnt know a player's name. Player 61? You can read his jersey number but not his name? What a moron. Thought McLean has class.

Maybe he knows the player but just didnt remember the number that goes with the name. I don't think it's a big deal. Nothing to be upset over. Maybe he didnt know Diaz by his number and when remembering the play, he just remembers that 61 made the pass. It's not classless if he didnt know. He just, well, didnt know. You can't help that. What is more ridiculous is people getting their panties in a knot over a simple mistake.

Last edited:

Chfan

Apr 16, 2004
Montreal
Maybe we should start referring to all Habs players like this.. I hope "player 31" as a great game tonight and "player 76" can score a couple of PP goals on nice passes from "player 79".

Time to change our ALL our avatars!

Just kidding. Wouldn't make the avatar makers very happy :laugh:

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
I hope player 61 plays a great game and makes Maclean knows his name.

We all remember when what happened when Theodore said "Thomas who?".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad