OT: Play Off Facial Hair

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Can I trim this **** at all or is that against the code?

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
This is the longest I've ever had my beard.
I look part crazy. Haven't shaved anything since the playoffs started.
It sure has worked so far...
2011 I got a new job and had to shave, this year it's full beard action.
People really do look at ya funny when you look like grizzly Adams.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I've shaved 4 or 5 times, just keep getting sick of it. It's not an issue until one of the players shaves mid-series. Then we should be nervous :naughty:

Bi Coastal Bawse*

To be honest I started this facial hair a few days before the penguins series. I don't even have a beard can't grow one I have a stache, a goat and some hair on my neck. Lots of little hairs. I look dirty and a lil homeless. I have a job orientation today. I don't think this facial hair matters since I had the job last year and I am already hired it's just I want to trim some of this a little. Don't know if it is against the rules. :laugh:

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Screen_Shot_2013_06_11_at_7_10_53_PM.png

my awful attempt

I haven't shaved anything except part of my neck (GF made me since I had a weird bald spot). Its literally just some scruff on the chin and a dirt stache

Maybe when I'm 30 I'll be able to grow facial hair

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
I have trimmed several times since the playoffs started. I don't believe it violates the "code." After all, we're just superstitious fans, copying the players' tradition.

Jagr's not doing a Wolverine hybrid, as previously suggested, but rather an Ambrose Burnside - the Civil War general for whom "sideburns" are allegedly named.
http://bostinno.streetwise.co/2012/...e-no-shave-november/general-ambrose-burnside/

And Jagr is spectacularly hirsute.
http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey...f-finals/JSftzrGk4UifWZlVynIDjM/pictures.html

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Psh I am going to trim some of this then. May the power of unkept beards over ride the trimming of my goatee

Last edited by a moderator:

Bi Coastal Bawse*

**** I am 27/28 and I can only grow a stache and goatee with some stubble on my neck and cheeks.

IDK who has worse facial hair Sidney Crosby or me I will go with him since he is much bigger than me and an athlete :)

smokey1277

Jan 26, 2011
I haven't shaved since Toronto game 1 and I'm actually pretty happy with my beard. I never grow facial hair other than playoff time but my beard at 24 is much better than it was two years ago at 22. I might just clean it up and keep it after the playoffs.

TCDaniels

Legen... Wait for it
Feb 12, 2003
Maine
Mrs TCD and my office manager are slightly less than impressed... but they know it's for a good cause...

20130611_203419_zps3971f020.jpg

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA
I cheat and trim my beard to, the neck beard and awkward bushiness in only certain spots gives off an awful homeless man vibe. My beard was so itchy when I was trying to grow it long I was sitting on my couch scratching with a comb, I think it was that moment I decided I was gonna a keep a trimmed version of a playoff beard.

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
I do but then again I don't really count since I already had a beard, I've just let it grow more since the playoffs have started. A tried to grow one back in 2011 when they won the cup but I was 19 then and couldn't grow anything worthwhile.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Playoff beards are hands down one of the best things about the playoffs.

Although at this point they can get a little unruly...2nd round tends to have the optimal effect. I'll happily deal with it though. :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad