VAN 1-1-1
VGK 2-2-0

PACIFIC: 11-9-1

The Kings are really an enigma...

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Wow, the Dillman Athletic article about Kovy was absolutely damning for WD. Where there's smoke, there's fire. Bernstein said the same, but Dillman has all the credibility. These guys are likely just mailing it in at this point due to WD being a total ****ing schmuck.

from the article:

“It’s horrible,” said Kovalchuk. “That’s the worst. But he (Desjardins) didn’t play young guys. He plays 7 D. That’s his new strategy.
“What you can do? That’s his decision and he’s the head coach – 10 more games. What else we can do. Just practice hard and show the young kids that that thing can happen to anybody. You just have to keep going.”"

Also muses aloud about Brodz working his ass off to get back only to get scratched continuously as well.

So on the bright side, it's not just us.

Haven't seen Helene rip the paint off lately either, maybe she got bored, or banned :laugh:

I don't have a sub, is this the basics from the article or is there more, because ...damn! Sounds like he lost the team really early from the bits and pieces I've read.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I think one of Blake's biggest mistakes may end up being not moving Toffoli this year. Supposedly he had an offer but held out for a better return. Now TT's value is even lower.

At this point, I just want Toffoli gone. Getting rid of him is addition by subtraction. All he does is take up a roster spot that keeps younger (and probably better) guys out of the lineup.

There's still plenty of time to move him if they choose, when the prices are better, or even package him . The TD is one of the worst times to deal, especially the way Toffoli was playing. Everyone was low balling Blake so he stood pat.

Reactions: deaderhead28

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I don't have a sub, is this the basics from the article or is there more, because ...damn! Sounds like he lost the team really early from the bits and pieces I've read.

That's the gist of it, i just wantedto show Kovy roasting him. But there are plenty others going in on him, and in recent nights, even seen and heard Jim Fox get in on it too, everyone questions him aloud now.

Not that it's a surprise REALLY, but it's nice to know that everyone else is thinking "f*** this" like we are, heh.

Reactions: crassbonanza

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
That's the gist of it, i just wantedto show Kovy roasting him. But there are plenty others going in on him, and in recent nights, even seen and heard Jim Fox get in on it too, everyone questions him aloud now.

Not that it's a surprise REALLY, but it's nice to know that everyone else is thinking "**** this" like we are, heh.

What has Fox said about WD? I haven't been watching all the games.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
What has Fox said about WD? I haven't been watching all the games.

Fox hasn't said anything relevant since before Bob retired. He just babbles now. He tries to explain things as though the majority of the listening audience wouldn't or couldn't understand. That is not us. We as Kings fans already know.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
In hindsight kings should have kept Gaborik and keep him on IR.

He would've missed a bunch of games, bu I think Gaborik would've been expected to play if he was still here. LTIR doesn't help the Kings. If he was too hurt to play, there wouldn't be the option to buy him out. It's 6 of one, half a dozen of the other.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
The question is, could any coach gotten much out of this roster this season? These players are out of excuses.

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
Wagner is one of the guys that the Kings need to hit on because he wasn't expected to be that elite player. He looks really good on the ice. When you can get an unexpected talent infusion it helps to accelerate the process. If feel that Walker has been a pleasant surprise as well. I don't overrate the prospects or get too excited until they can prove it over time but Wagner in particular looks like he could be an impact player because he not only has talent, he works his tail off every shift.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
What's great about Wagner's season is the fact that he's still 21 (turns 22 in June), and only needed one season in the AHL. They need more of these types of players who can quickly (and successfully) make the jump to the pros. Granted, he was a 2015 selection who spent two more seasons in the WHL before he graduated to the pros, but that theory that a guy needs to simmer in the minors before bringing him up is an old ideology.

Hopefully we see more Kings prospects making the jump to the NHL next season.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
In 2011-12 the Kings had former 2nd, 4th and 7th round picks make the team like Voynov, King and Nolan. We need more of this.

The roster still looks old and stale even after dealing Thompson, Pearson and Hagelin.

The only exciting players for me are Kempe, Grundstrom, MacDermid and Wagner. A former 1st, a 2nd via a trade, a UFA and a 4th rounder.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
In 2011-12 the Kings had former 2nd, 4th and 7th round picks make the team like Voynov, King and Nolan. We need more of this.

The roster still looks old and stale even after dealing Thompson, Pearson and Hagelin.

The only exciting players for me are Kempe, Grundstrom, MacDermid and Wagner. A former 1st, a 2nd via a trade, a UFA and a 4th rounder.
He's 26.

Reactions: johnjm22

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
I like the grit in Wagner's game.
was really surprised to see him start hitting and being a bit grimey lately

really didn't expect him to be much more than a speedy soft winger but if he's willing to hit and fight a bit he's much more valuable

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON

To me he's JAG. If he can be a fringe defenseman, that's fine. I'm not expecting much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad