Rumor: Planning Ahead: 2019 Off-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
You can cobble together 12 forwards. If Carter isn't the 2C, then nobody knows who is yet. They probably don't have a solid, no doubt 3C. Even the 4C options aren't a presence of any kind. Not enough substance. There's not enough scoring on the wings. The two best wingers have an average age of 35. Clifford and Luff don't play the same position, but whatever. The case can be made up front though. The defense is the problem.

It's Doughty, and the Kings have 1 playoff win in 5 years with him as the #1 with less defensive depth than in 2014. It's a borderline top 4 in Martinez, and the Kings have 1 playoff win in 5 years with him in the top 3/4 with less defensive depth than in 2014. It's everyone's favorite in Forbort. Whether Phaneuf is here or not, either way. Then it's a soon to be 27 year old LaDue who has holes in his game and hasn't been able to establish himself. It's Walker and Roy, who for all intents and purposes, are likely just warm bodies. At least they're RHD, as is LaDue, so you keep them around in the hope that they can do something, since RHD are invaluable. It's MacDermid and Brickley, who are again, likely just warm bodies. At least MacD might fight. Then anyone else that's worth the effort to care about is in their early 20's, and probably in no shape yet to help keep the veterans on the roster above water.

They're certainly one, likely two, and possibly three top 4D away from really being any sort of threat, and they haven't come close to replacing Voynov for 5 years. Now they have to somehow replace Muzzin on top of that. Martinez will be 32 before he plays another game, with just 2 years left. It's going to be a while.

Yeah I left out the defense because it's ugly..
Our defense heading into next season is obviously Doughty, a declining Martinez, an enigma in Forbort and questions marks.. MacDermid I woulod keep because of his ability to protect his teammates while Brickley is likely going to show the type of player he is this season in Ontario..
2 kids that " IN MY OPINION" lol, will end the season as starters are Mikey Anderson and Kale Clague..
Mikey has top 4 written all over him and has seen his offense grow at a rate nobody expected.. Really excited about this kid..
Kale is a PP QB and could end up being a Krug type player for us
after those two its all hopes and prayers
Durzi, Phillips, Strand.. we just have to hit on one of those kids..

Either way I look at the Defense its ugly, we had to hope Amart regains value and we're able to get a pick and defensive player for him.. and also hope Blake can tade Toffoli to a team like Carolina for a Bean, Fluery or McKeown..

Primakov!

Dec 9, 2003
Yesteryear
Can we get a diagnosis on the kid?Does he a have a curvature of the spine? A herniated disc?

It was stated in the article from Jon Rosen as being what sounds like a herniated disk with muscular issues.

I returned to robust discussion in commenting, with Gabe Vilardi’s status among the topics to gain traction. We last heard of Vilardi in early April as he remained in a holding pattern while rehabilitating an ongoing back issue that was "a combination of both" a muscular and disc injury, per Rob Blake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad