Rumor: Planning Ahead: 2019 Off-Season Part 2

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
How many if you have been to a doctor recently and the doctor had no idea what was wrong with you? And the doctor prescribed you to go home and do nothing for an indefinite amount of time?
I told my family I wasn't feeling well, and that this is what the doctor prescribed, but they didn't believe me.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
at this point I want to use Vilardi to try and move up in draft or unload dion.

Doubt he has any value though

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
at this point I want to use Vilardi to try and move up in draft or unload dion.

Doubt he has any value though

Vilardi, lottery ticket as he is at this point, means a whole lot more to the Kings than he could ever bring back in a trade imo.

You basically get a middling/mediocre prospect for him at best, and potentially lose a 1C.

Kings are better off holding onto the slim chance that he becomes dominant than grabbing another Kempe-level prospect.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Vilardi is due a $92.5k bonus coming up soon, I believe. He’s still on his ELC for this season and then two more because of the slide rule. He could lose this year as well and still be Kings property for three more seasons if he doesn’t play 10 games in the Nhl. I think the only difference is now he doesn’t have to be returned to the CHL, and he can play in the AHL and not be subject to nhl waivers.

BallPointHammer

Los Angeles Kings - We're Back!
Oct 25, 2006
Maryland
Oakally-Doakally. I'll assume the King's doctors and medical staff are competent. I'll also assume no news is no news until stated otherwise by the Kings.

Oh, this is vague, but when last season ended, didn't someone with the Kings say basically that GV's "back problems" ***** could not ***** be fixed by having surgery. Also, it seemed like the implication was that eventualy he would be able to recover, rehabilitate then train to play hockey. Does anyone remember this?h

Reactions: Choralone

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON

What Winnipeg really needs is an amazing defender like Derek Forbort.

They could use an enforcer like Clifford and a heart and soul guy like Lewis as well. These guys are great off the ice!

Don't forget a slightly sluggish 13 goal scorer like Toffoli to slide into their top 6. Kid is durable too, he kind of played in all 82 games last season. :naughty:

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Shit if Winnipeg wants to win now maybe they’ll fall in love with our lunchpail heroes of yesterday who can play 200 feet. Lol.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Just a crappy situation for Winnipeg, he just doesn't want to be there. Even with his childhood best friend basically with him the entire time as a teammate. He will get a nice return for the Jets but it's going to be tough to replace a 25 year old 50 point right-shot defenseman.

Cook24

Oct 14, 2005
Chino, CA
Realistically what would it take to land Trouba?

Toffoli, Clague, and Iafallo(we have way too many LW), or am I far off?

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

Someone on an ELC that could play right away? Not sure Clague fits that. Not sure anyone in the organization fits that. They probably don't need another RFA. I don't know what Toffoli would do for them. I would think that offer isn't really close. Even with the Jets up against the cap wall. They could probably still do better than than those 3. Might have to add the 5th pick in there somewhere. Assuming you're getting Trouba for the big contract that locks him in here.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
The Kings just don't have the good young cost controlled asset that the Jets will demand for Trouba. They will want and will get a young player ready to contribute. After this draft the Kings are going to be pretty loaded with junior aged talent (finally!), maybe as good as anyone in the league. But the 20-24 age group is near the worst in the league.

Toffoli is like a way crappier version of Laine. Plus he is an UFA after this season and let's be honest it's Winnipeg for a guy who's been in LA his entire career, what are the odds he re-signs in Winnipeg?

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
We don't have anything big that can help the Jets win now. Maybe Clifford as a small piece but they may ask for the #22 pick ++ and Clifford.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Vilardi, lottery ticket as he is at this point, means a whole lot more to the Kings than he could ever bring back in a trade imo.

You basically get a middling/mediocre prospect for him at best, and potentially lose a 1C.

Kings are better off holding onto the slim chance that he becomes dominant than grabbing another Kempe-level prospect.

ya I agree. I would not say no though if he was the addition to a trade if it was for the right pick/prospect

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad