Plane with Brazilian soccer team Chapecoense crashes in Colombia

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Not sure who Mi Oriente is, assuming they are a Colombian news source, but they are saying rescuers took 10 of the injured to the hospital. No word on anything else yet

Apparently it went down in some rough terrain and they are having trouble getting to the crash site, two Air Force helicopters had to turn back due to poor visibility.

RT saying officials are fearing 25-75 died in the crash. Just awful

Last edited:

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com

Brazilian Devils Fan

Aug 10, 2016
We are all shocked here in Brazil, such horrible news.
They found another surviver, another player, Neto. hopefully they will find more survivors.

The second game of Copa do Brasil final have been postponed and the last games from our national championship should be postponed as well.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Just awful. And as a hockey fan it brings back tough memories from five years ago. RIP to the victims and condolences to their families and friends.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Uggh, shades of the Lokomotiv plane crash. Makes me sick to my stomach.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
This puts everthimg in perspective. We all get pissed off at sporting events ourcomes, we argue about them, but when something limd this happens it jyst shows none of that matters.

Jul 7, 2009

Very sad to see.

Also the plane was used by Argentina during the break and also another national team but I'm not sure how legit that is. Not saying it makes it less tragic but I guess for me puts everything into perspective.

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Very sad to see.

Also the plane was used by Argentina during the break and also another national team but I'm not sure how legit that is. Not saying it makes it less tragic but I guess for me puts everything into perspective.

Gut wrenching picture. I instantly was reminded of Lokomotiv.:(

Jul 7, 2009

Mad respect if this is true.

40 is a lot but I could see them donating something along with other teams.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Terrible really. Don't know what to say more than RIP.

I work in aerospace field, it amazes me to see how old planes like this are still in use. This airplane which is also has a version called Avro doesn't have a good safety record. Still too soon to conclude on the root cause though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad