Plane with Brazilian soccer team Chapecoense crashes in Colombia

Brazilian Devils Fan

Aug 10, 2016

Mad respect if this is true.

40 is a lot but I could see them donating something along with other teams.

Wow..that's a lot of money.. there are no reports about this in here.. let's wait and see..

Other big brazilian clubs already showed their disponibility to offer athletes to help Chape and also asked that Chape isn't relegated for the next three national season, if they en up the relegation zone by the end of the season.

I would post the site url but everything is in portuguese.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Early reports are indicating that the plane ran out of fuel. If true, that is a pretty terrible cause for a crash.

donut

Sep 5, 2012
Seems as though the match is still going to be played to honour those who lost their lives. Like a few of the comments I saw on Facebook, I think it's a good way to honour those while taking a step forward as a country and as a club development wise (assuming they play their reserve players and not the players that multiple clubs have offered to loan).

The article also updates the three players who survived the crash:

Chapecoense also offered medical updates on their three players to survive the crash.

Goalkeeper Jackson Follmann has had a leg amputated, with doctors also considering whether to amputate his other foot.

Neto was described as being in a "stable medical state", with Alan Ruschel able to move his limbs after undergoing spinal surgery.

Link: http://www.sportingnews.com/soccer/news/chapecoense-asked-to-continue-in-brasileiro-to-honour-plane-crash-dead/p6rxhcyu2bwn137dj6z7eqjp5

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
fce39ef93bd5e7a20c660257a2b635ea.jpg

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Sad, sad story.

RIP, and condolences to their surviving teammates and relatives.

Buddy of mine had posted a video on Facebook early yesterday, that one of the players had taken on a plane, aiming the camera back at his other teammates, and everyone's happy. I didn't think much of it until I later found out what happened. My heart sank, thinking that that very well may have been on the very same flight that ended so tragically.

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg
Seems as though the match is still going to be played to honour those who lost their lives. Like a few of the comments I saw on Facebook, I think it's a good way to honour those while taking a step forward as a country and as a club development wise (assuming they play their reserve players and not the players that multiple clubs have offered to loan).

The article also updates the three players who survived the crash:

Link: http://www.sportingnews.com/soccer/news/chapecoense-asked-to-continue-in-brasileiro-to-honour-plane-crash-dead/p6rxhcyu2bwn137dj6z7eqjp5

That's referring to their final league match, not the cup match they were travelling to.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
So apparently the Argentine national team made a 4h04m flight on the same plane, which had a fuel capacity for a 4h22m flight and crashed because it ran out of fuel.

Imagine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad