place to watch devil games in NYC

FITLTID

Nov 2, 2007
hey, so im a college student in nyc and was wondering if there were any spots to go to watch games because i dont get them on tv anymore. im 18, i dunno if there are any rules on bars or anything but yeah.

thanks

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Honestly, when I lived in Manhattan and my dorm didn't get MSG+, I either:
A. Waited for the Rags-Devs game or random Devils games on MSG.
B. Waited for Versus games
C. Sopcast.
D. Listened to radio online.
It sucked but you know, whatever.
Now I moved out to the Zu and get MSG+HD yippeee.

But yeah just find a bar that is kind of loose and plays hockey games, and if the Devils aren't already on, ask them to change it for you. That's what I did.

severian

Aug 19, 2007
Westfield
The bars are mostly going to card you and its tough to find any hockey in NYC in bars, Rangers included. Best place for you to watch the game on Friday is to take the train to the game and grab some $10 seats.

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love
go to an applebees or TGI fridays and ask them to put it on. Go in at like 6:30, sit at a two-top (side table near the bar where just 2 people sit. You don't have to be 21 to sit there... and most people don't want to sit there anyway). Ask as soon as you get in, and nobody will complain cause A ) nobody is there yet B ) no other games are on. So if someone wants to watch a different game, you have first dibs. Do it early (before you order anything), so if the barkeep refuses you can leave.

Just tip the barkeep well and you can get away with this a bunch of times.

BavelPure

Aug 24, 2005
I'm 23 but could easily pass for 18, and I rarely get carded anywhere in NYC. There is a good bar on 47th and 8th called the mean fiddler that has a bunch of tv's and big buck hunter safari edition...which is awesome.

Not sure how many devils fans would be there. They have a bunch of hockey jerseys hanging up. Prices are not optimal. Look for a bar with lots of hopeless looking alcoholics, they know the best places to drink for the price.

ILikeItVeryMuch*

When I am on the Upper West Side I have no problems getting Devils games on at this bar called Dublin House

sattar18

Mar 24, 2007
hey, so im a college student in nyc and was wondering if there were any spots to go to watch games because i dont get them on tv anymore. im 18, i dunno if there are any rules on bars or anything but yeah.

thanks

you should prob tell us where you go to school, because if go to school in harlem you prob wouldnt go all the way downtown to watch a game

FITLTID

Nov 2, 2007
i got to marymount manhattan and lets just say...i dont really fit in here, not to many sports fans...or guys for that matter. but its a great school for theatre and im a lighting design major so yeah. so im living on the upper east side. my dorm room does not have msg so i cant even watch rags hockey and i do a pretty good job not getting carded, pretty big guy. i am planning, like every year, to go to a bunch of games this year so its mostly for the away games and such.

Gunnar Stahl 30

...In The World!
Dec 9, 2006
Marty's Better
i got to marymount manhattan and lets just say...i dont really fit in here, not to many sports fans...or guys for that matter. but its a great school for theatre and im a lighting design major so yeah. so im living on the upper east side. my dorm room does not have msg so i cant even watch rags hockey and i do a pretty good job not getting carded, pretty big guy. i am planning, like every year, to go to a bunch of games this year so its mostly for the away games and such.

and thats a bad thing because.....unless your not a dude, or unless youre.....not that theres anything wront with that

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Blondies on 79th between Broadway and Amsterdam. It is one of the best sports bars in all of Manhattan and they have something like 30 flat-screens and one giant projector screen capable of showing about any sporting event in the country. They would let you in as long as you eat and order a Coke!! Try the Buffalo Wings, they're fantastic.

EO1981

Oct 9, 2008
Brooklyn
good luck with finding a decent bar. I have yet to find a good place to watch the Devils in my 4 years in the city. Although, I live in Park Slope... not exactly a hockey hotbed.

ALine9900

Feb 16, 2007
NYC

thanks

Get a fake ID. Or SlingBox. Probably should get both.

sattar18

Mar 24, 2007
good luck with finding a decent bar. I have yet to find a good place to watch the Devils in my 4 years in the city. Although, I live in Park Slope... not exactly a hockey hotbed.

ouch..good luck with that, you would be lucky if people in park slope knew what hockey is. I live in bensenhurst and bayridge/dyker have alot of ranger fans

FITLTID

Nov 2, 2007
thanks for all the advice. i def gonna check some of them out. and i got the new NHL gamecener thing but it blocks local games...and i bought slingbox but my school blocks outside IP address' or somenthing. so yeah. but thanks for all the suggestions

srk5073

Mar 30, 2015

Union Grounds on Smith between DeGraw and Sackett. Best sports bar in BK. I watch most Devils games in there. Got to the point they pour my beer and turn my game on when I walk in. Great people

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
hahah this is amazing

Actually, this post is the most amazing thing. That is unless you created another account to bump this thread to respond to it to make it look amazing...

So, what's the story? Did you find any good places to watch the game? Did you get your degree? Are you worth millions? Inquiring minds must know!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00