GWT: PL Round 22

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Lanzini and Noble really let West Ham down on that equalizer.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Lanzini and Noble really let West Ham down on that equalizer.
Lanzini should have gotten on with it, but that was a foul. At least if we're agreeing that Noble's tackle warranted a card because they were carbon copies of one another.

Noble, sure he could have closed him down more. Great hit, though.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Lanzini should have gotten on with it, but that was a foul. At least if we're agreeing that Noble's tackle warranted a card because they were carbon copies of one another.

Noble, sure he could have closed him down more. Great hit, though.
Oh it was definitely a could but the ref didn’t give it and Lanzini stayed on the deck.

Noble completely ignored the scouting report on that Son shot though.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Three points behind second, three and goal difference ahead of fifth, five points ahead of sixth. Feels good man.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Such an easy season to finish top 4 and still have enough to make a credible run in CL and now we are struggling in 5th and out this next stage of the CL.

I get its not my money but for once it would be nice to see some attempt at ambition from Spurs.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
West Ham put in a good defensive performances. If Joe Hart had started I think the game would have looked entirely different. Pretty sure the shot count was 25 to 1. But that one shot by West Ham, bloody hell.

As for Pochettino, I'm not sure what in the world he was f***ing smoking when he decided to start Sissoko as a CM tonight. Especially considering that he likes playing heavy possession, West Ham would most surely concede possession to us, and that we had three much better options that he all put on the bench instead. He turned out to be the liability I expected him to be. Would rather have played with ten men. He should only play if we plan on counter-attacking, no other situation. The fact that he let him be on the pitch until the 74th minute (great time to make your first sub, eh?) is ludicrous.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Such an easy season to finish top 4 and still have enough to make a credible run in CL and now we are struggling in 5th and out this next stage of the CL.

I get its not my money but for once it would be nice to see some attempt at ambition from Spurs.

We'd easily have been in the top four if we still played at White Hart Lane. The timing of our new stadium hasn't been the greatest.

I have full faith in the way Levy handles our finances. Can't be easy when paying off the new stadium. What I don't have faith in is Pochettino choosing transfer targets. Impossible to do considering that he wanted Sissoko.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Conning a referee, is conning a referee. They should absolutely review it.

Anyone that's watching can spot over the top when they see it. Not every embellishment qualifies.

This most likely qualifies as over the top embellisment (Adryan of Leeds), anything less than this is open to interpretation...

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
If Adryan grabbed his shin at the end, despite the contact being with his foot, then yeah it'd pretty much be exactly the same.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I remember a Chilean (?) guy who would roll over for 15 meters in the 70s/80s, I think it was in a WC. Saw some clips of him when I was younger, but I can't remember the guy's name, nor his country (it's either Chile or at least south american). This was the most hilarious theatricals I had ever seen.
There are some good ones of Ronaldo (with United) where he was would roll over as if shot, and the replay showed he jumped WAY over the leg and thus didn't even get touched at all (it was on a sideline).

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
This article is pure beauty: José Mourinho’s living hell: everything he does magnifies Guardiola’s success | Barney Ronay

Mourinho may yet extend his contract at Old Trafford. He may still create a genuinely memorable team out of the current sifting and sorting. For now he’s left to fret and bellyache, glowering in grey quilted coat and tracksuit bottoms, and looking at times like a man with a wall-eyed hangover who’s just popped out to the garage for an Irn Bru, forgotten where he lives, lost his keys, fallen asleep on a bus, woken up with his face in a bag of chips, got lost again, followed someone he thought was someone else and ended up prowling around on some alien touchline trying to work out how to reorganise a depleted three-man backline halfway through a second-half defensive rearguard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad