GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 34

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
How West Ham didn't score 3, I have no idea. Wasteful, but great performance.

Let's hope Antonio doesn't go down in the next few games too.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I still don't know where this is in the EPL rule book. I have now looked up "forfeit", "3-0", "0-3", "3 - 0", "0 - 3", "three", "nil", "zero", and "breach of Rule L."

Moreover, the rule book specifically says that matches may be postponed for safety reasons (Rule L.12.4).
Yeah but when heavy bias is in play that’s not the rule.

Reactions: bluesfan94

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I still don't know where this is in the EPL rule book. I have now looked up "forfeit", "3-0", "0-3", "3 - 0", "0 - 3", "three", "nil", "zero", and "breach of Rule L."

Moreover, the rule book specifically says that matches may be postponed for safety reasons (Rule L.12.4).

He literally quoted the intro section of the Wikipedia article on forfeits.

Forfeit (sport) - Wikipedia

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Can WHU hold off both TOT & LIV?
They just need to stay consistent, which something I am not sure WHU is capable of (insert loss to Newcastle). Spurs are done, though they might get a new manager bump like Chelsea has gotten with Tuchel. Liverpool's schedule is relatively easy, but this season they're one match away against drawing to a terrible opponent so I guess anything is possible. If we throw away Spurs, then it's down to 50/50 between them and LFC.

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England
Like take these complaints explained by Gary Neville:

So if I summarize this correctly the complaint is:
(1) Owners can't spend enough to bring success at elite level
(2) Owners don't invest enough in stadium and infrastructure
(3) Owners don't have the funds to finance redevelopment scheme for area around stadium.

In essence - they don't have enough money to keep United a top 5 club in Europe. If that's the complaint, what's his solution then? That a sovereign wealth fund buys the club? Is the fan demand that Saudi Arabia or Oman or a Russian oligarch buys the club? What if every other owner - i.e. everyone who needs the club to be self-sufficient financially - said the only solution is more reliable, higher income from a Super League? It seems dishonest to attack the Super League idea but then also see as the main problem with your club ownership that they can't keep up in the financial arms race with the other elite clubs.
The fact that they've taken £1.2bn (at least) paying off interest on the debt and in dividends, when that money could (should?) have been used for stadium improvements.

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England
United should absolutely forfeit this.

no conspiracy and the VAR stats back it up. And I will stand by teams not trying their best against City because they know they are likely to lose and would rather not get hammered on GD. 100% standing by that.
What about the last two seasons when you've had VAR and every bit of luck going in your favour?

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England
And no one is arguing that (even though there are MUCH worse owners than the Glazers) it’s great that they protested. I support protest. But you can’t sabotage a game hours before kickoff that can’t be rescheduled easily. Liverpool didn’t get a say in the matter.
They apparently refused to play because of "safety concerns". Perhaps they shoud forfeit the points?

mmk786

Mar 3, 2004
What is the end game here for the protesters? Obviously a change in the ownership model but to what? Appears to be a lot of 'we will figure it out when we have to'.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
What is the end game here for the protesters? Obviously a change in the ownership model but to what? Appears to be a lot of 'we will figure it out when we have to'.

The goals would be to get rid of the Glazers at a minimum and ideally move to 50+1 German style team ownership

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad