GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 31

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
That one touch pass by Laca to start the play was splendid. He's captain tonight.
It seems Arteta wants to dump him but Laca is saving his ass every other week.

Reactions: robertmac43

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
That one touch pass by Laca to start the play was splendid. He's captain tonight.
It seems Arteta wants to dump him but Laca is saving his ass every other week.
I think he wants to keep Lacazette and dump Aubameyang. Which is probably the right idea.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Amazing assist from Thomas Partey. Nice to see, hope he gets back to World Class form

Reactions: S E P H

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I would like to see Pep’s reaction to that.
Want to stress - I don’t think Salah will win, just that he has a better case than Kane.

As for who would win from City? They have a new best player every month. They are going to split a bunch of votes. I would want to know who Pep would put up if he could only nominate one of his guys.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Want to stress - I don’t think Salah will win, just that he has a better case than Kane.

As for who would win from City? They have a new best player every month. They are going to split a bunch of votes. I would want to know who Pep would put up if he could only nominate one of his guys.
Should be Dias or KdB. No one is more improtant this season for them.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Should be Dias or KdB. No one is more improtant this season for them.
So KDB then which if funny because there have been parts of the season where Gundogan has been better.

Similar with Dias; points of the season where Stones was better too. I don’t think Dias has made as much of a difference as people have said he has to be perfectly honest. I think the bigger difference has been Stones resurrection.

It’s a loaded team.

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
So KDB then which if funny because there have been parts of the season where Gundogan has been better.

Similar with Dias; points of the season where Stones was better too. I don’t think Dias has made as much of a difference as people have said he has to be perfectly honest. I think the bigger difference has been Stones resurrection.

It’s a loaded team.
It’s a loaded team but like lfc when you win it’s hardly one or two players. Vvd, salah, mane, Allison TAA all were immense for liverpool along with other names. Why should city be hold to a different standard. KDB has been their best offensive player and Dias on defence. Pick one.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It’s a loaded team but like lfc when you win it’s hardly one or two players. Vvd, salah, mane, Allison TAA all were immense for liverpool along with other names. Why should city be hold to a different standard. KDB has been their best offensive player and Dias on defence. Pick one.
Not saying it should. In fact I’m saying the opposite. A bunch of different players could split the vote. Like it did with Liverpool

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I do think he has a strong case. I think he will likely win, especially because he's from England. I think Salah has a shout as well, though I wouldn't pick him. Salah's contribution (basically if he doesn't score, they don't often score) when you look at the drought for the rest of the forward group is hard to ignore as well. I just don't know that either one should get it if neither makes top 4.

I'm not pro players winning MVP when their side hasn't achieved a lot. It's like winning the MVP and not making the playoffs in hockey.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Kane has had a monster year. He's leading the league in both assists and non-penalty goals.

Gundogan won't win but he's had a hell of a year. 12 goals in MF. In the league City is 16 wins, 3 draws, 1 loss in his 20 starts.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
I do think he has a strong case. I think he will likely win, especially because he's from England. I think Salah has a shout as well, though I wouldn't pick him. Salah's contribution (basically if he doesn't score, they don't often score) when you look at the drought for the rest of the forward group is hard to ignore as well. I just don't know that either one should get it if neither makes top 4.

I'm not pro players winning MVP when their side hasn't achieved a lot. It's like winning the MVP and not making the playoffs in hockey.

POTY is not an MVP award though. Just for the most outstanding player. Bruno is the only player close to Kane statistically. They are both media darlings so I'd be surprised if they don't finish 1 and 2. Basically every other year a player from a non title winning team wins it and this should be one of those years with City not having anyone compiling big stats.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Would really feel for Leicester if they drop out of the top 4 down the stretch again.

Why?

As good as a manager as Rodgers can be, his teams perform poorly at the end. His PL career record in April and May is 13 wins, 13 losses, 10 draws. That's almost a full season of mid table play.

That doesn't even include last year when they 2 of 9 games after the restart. Which I could give them a mulligan for, but this seems to always happen to his teams? Maybe it's the intensity wearing them out over a full season.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Why?

As good as a manager as Rodgers can be, his teams perform poorly at the end. His PL career record in April and May is 13 wins, 13 losses, 10 draws. That's almost a full season of mid table play.

That doesn't even include last year when they 2 of 9 games after the restart. Which I could give them a mulligan for, but this seems to always happen to his teams? Maybe it's the intensity wearing them out over a full season.
It could be, for sure. It's been a weird year and a half in general, and maybe the way he plays throughout the season has an element of fatigue that doesn't suit teams without the depth provided at the very top. But I guess that's part of why I'd feel for them; Leicester don't really have the same level of resources nor the depth of the top teams but they're really giving them a go for those top 4 spots. I think people will probably blame Rodgers if they don't make it, but I doubt they'd be in the spot they are to begin with without him.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Would really feel for Leicester if they drop out of the top 4 down the stretch again.
I would not.

They have been great most of the year but have a tendency to drop near the tail end. Also they have some of my favourite players in the premier league. They should be top 4 quite comfortably. Anyway they are still in that position. Only time will tell.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I would not.

They have been great most of the year but have a tendency to drop near the tail end. Also they have some of my favourite players in the premier league. They should be top 4 quite comfortably. Anyway they are still in that position. Only time will tell.
So you think they have more depth/talent than Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea and others? That's a pretty lofty belief that they 'should' be 'quite comfortably' in the top 4.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad