GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 30

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
He's now tied with Defoe with 162, 1 behind Fowler for 7th.

13 more to tie Henry

Fowler played before I started watching football, who is a decent comparison to a current player?

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Lo Celso blundering away that golden counter-attack chance only for Newcastle to score immediately afterwards. Certainly a very Spurs sequence.
Lamela but that defence acting like a bunch of idiots is way more to blame.

bale what a shot. I’m shocked that a player who’s been on the bench for 87 mins takes that kind of shot. Amazing decision to let him shoot.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Lamela but that defence acting like a bunch of idiots is way more to blame.

bale what a shot. I’m shocked that a player who’s been on the bench for 87 mins takes that kind of shot. Amazing decision to let him shoot.

I just knew it wasn't Kane or Son so took a guess. Lamela played that pretty damn badly though, the fact Kane actually still got some sort of end product out of it says more about how good Kane can be. Kane isn't much worse than Lewandowski but his career will remain mostly silverware-free thanks to the baffling decision of wasting away his career at White Hart Lane.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Why even watch the game these numbers will do the thinking for us?
I watched. Think the eye test meets the number test here. Both teams had chances but I thought Newcastle played better. Just adding context.
This too.

Same with Arsenal yesterday. xG was 0.09 and that might have been too high for them.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I watched. Think the eye test meets the number test here. Both teams had chances but I thought Newcastle played better. Just adding context.

Same with Arsenal yesterday. xG was 0.09 and that might have been too high for them.
Spurs could've easily had 2 more goals... I'm not seeing where Newcastle would've had 3 more.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Henderson has been really good

I’ve wanted Henderson to be the #1 pretty much the whole year, so I’m happy. Still a bit of a surprise to see.

He needs a strong run of games to really cement himself though. It’s one thing to play solid when De Gea is in Spain (and he has), it’s another to do it when he’s sitting on the bench ready to come in.

Reactions: Gecklund

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad