GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 30

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I mean shocking isn’t the right word but it’s another absolutely ridiculously officiated game from Mike Dean and whoever on VAR didn’t want to hurt Dean’s self esteem even though he is obviously shot.

here comes another puff piece.

Totally agree. The Veltman tackle from behind on Bruno was so violent. The scumbag. It's shocking nothing was given. And no one's being held accountable!

Reactions: Jussi

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I joke a decent bit about Messi Lingard. But the guys actually a decent player. Not good enough for top of the table teams, but he's a damn good player for a mid/upper mid table team.
I mean, the way he's playing I can think of one "top of the table" team he could do a job for...

Honestly, the fact that Lingard is blowing the doors of it to such a ridiculous degree after being *so* bad for 18 months or whatever has to make United look like morons. It can't all be down to the player. Changes of scenery are a thing, but he was producing like one of the worst players in the Prem it seemed not that long ago.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I mean, the way he's playing I can think of one "top of the table" team he could do a job for...

Honestly, the fact that Lingard is blowing the doors of it to such a ridiculous degree after being *so* bad for 18 months or whatever has to make United look like morons. It can't all be down to the player. Changes of scenery are a thing, but he was producing like one of the worst players in the Prem it seemed not that long ago.
He was never as bad as the last year and a half or so at United would have people believe. But he also never should've been a player that was anything more than a depth piece which was part of the problem.

Reactions: Jussi

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC

No it doesn't. He didn't play well as a sub/spot starter. Some guys are made for it, others aren't. He wanted a bigger role and to start. and that wasn't happening at United. There was and is nowhere for him to play at United.

He was tried at wing at United and just wasn't good. It doesn't play to his strengths. But he's not taking any time from Bruno at the #10, not now or ever.

I'm happy for him and this is great for United. His wages are picked up via loan, and he's increased his value.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Lingard, Rice, Antonio injured, probably their 3 most important players. That might kill their CL chances

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Messi Lingard really hobbling out there.

With Chelsea losing to WBA, just expected that someone would knock us out of the top 4 this weekend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad