GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 20

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
For them to buy anyone now that would mean that there was actually money the whole time.
Well yeah. I mean the owners have money. Red Sox just spent 20m on a few players. It’s more about their net spend model for Liverpool which is on a pedestal.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I did mention that at the time. My only guess is they decided it wasn't an 'accidental' handball which would count for the entire buildup (just like a foul). Seems pretty stupid to call that a non-accidental handball though.
Sure. And this is why I complain about. The refs

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Whatever. Y’all are frontrunners. Have been for as long as I’ve been posting on here and y’all go back under your rock whenever things aren’t favorable. Which I guess is fine, but it’s weak AF
Eh so are Liverpool fans. A bunch of you guys have sprouted up over the last couple years.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Eh so are Liverpool fans. A bunch of you guys have sprouted up over the last couple years.
This entire argument @Savant is silly to me. Of course teams when they win there will be more people following them. I dont really care about bandwagon fans and if anybody else does, that is their prerogative. For example in 2016 nobody really cared about the Astros here in Houston, but from 2017 to 2020 there were 3 million new Astros fans. Same with the Phillies pre 2007. No different any other place. Im just glad Liverpool won, looked good, and scored 3 goals.

Last edited:
Reactions: bluesfan94

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
No, but it just seems like a very silly thing to do.

What's silly about it?

Not that I respect any Liverpool "fans".
"Fans", coming from the guy with "Fan" in his username. Cute.

It seems like you are often worried about who is a fan of what, or how they refer to the team or players that they follow. I'd suggest worrying more about enjoying the game.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Oh they definitely exist and they are terrible. I know how to spot them though. I don’t acknowledge anyone that started supporting after the Hodgson season.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
You said "Spurs and Arsenal had to create their own thread"

It was started by a ManU fan in contempt.
Yes that’s the point.
1. Jussi had to make a thread for North London because y’all were insufferable
2. That’s the thread when the most participation from the Tottenham fans is.
3. You yourself disappeared from this thread after Liverpool scored yesterday which makes this even more funny.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
That is not a Spursthread. And I am still not sure are we posting too much or not enough?
Says Tottenham in the title but is not a Spurs thread. Okay. Don’t give a damn what y’all do but if you or your contingent up and vanish like a fart in the wind, during the middle of a match thread, as soon as you go down a goal I am going to call it out. Again. Just as I’ve done before. Any post is too much but unlike Tottenham, don’t pack up your toys and leave if you don’t like how it’s going. It’s weak - no other fan group does it. Peace.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Yes that’s the point.
1. Jussi had to make a thread for North London because y’all were insufferable
2. That’s the thread when the most participation from the Tottenham fans is.
3. You yourself disappeared from this thread after Liverpool scored yesterday which makes this even more funny.

I disappeared 10 minutes before halftime as I was working. I didn't post until after 7pm, but thanks for stalking me.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I disappeared 10 minutes before halftime as I was working. I didn't post until after 7pm, but thanks for stalking me.
I was participating. No need to stalk it was right in front of everyone. If you need help with strategy to stagger your PTO strategy I can help. Timing was very coincidental.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
This conversation is ridiculous. So stop it. Take it to personal messages if you want to keep discussing. I'm removing any other posts.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Says Tottenham in the title but is not a Spurs thread. Okay. Don’t give a damn what y’all do but if you or your contingent up and vanish like a fart in the wind, during the middle of a match thread, as soon as you go down a goal I am going to call it out. Again. Just as I’ve done before. Any post is too much but unlike Tottenham, don’t pack up your toys and leave if you don’t like how it’s going. It’s weak - no other fan group does it. Peace.

Might as well say that the PL-thread is a Spursthread then - as Spurs are also part of the PL.

You are going to call us out for not p#"¤ and m"¤""% as much as you do? Kind of at it again now, but instead of complaining about refs etc. you are now complaining about Spursfans not posting enough or posting too much. Might be you that is the issue...

Reactions: spintheblackcircle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad