GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 20

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Now we know you're practicing your french when watching Pool games.
Not that this is my link, but I actually like to watch sports highlights in other languages to try and pick some stuff up. Not any good at it but yeah I try sometimes

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Also missed this earlier, but Son’s disallowed goal was the first VAR goal reversal in Liverpool’s favor this season.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I’d ask the Tottenham fans on here what they thought about that Lamela dive but as always they disappear when ever they are losing. That Son dive too.

Last edited:

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I'm not the biggest Leno fan but he's never had a performance near this bad in an Arsenal shirt. Comparison to Lloris is an insult. Lloris has been so bad for a long time now.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I’d ask the Tottenham fans on here what they thought about that Lamela dive but as always they disappear when ever they are losing. That Son dive too.
Just try to enjoy this result, they finally looked competent! I dont care about any of the dives or VAR right now. Much more concerned about Matip and if he is out another 3 weeks... and Fabinho.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Just try to enjoy this result, they finally looked competent! I dont care about any of the dives or VAR right now. Much more concerned about Matip and if he is out another 3 weeks... and Fabinho.
Oh I love beating Tottenham. I can’t stand Tottenham. This stops the bleeding but it doesn’t change that they need a CB. They need a CB more now than they did 24 hours ago.

Man of the Match performances from Bobby and Trent.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Oh I love beating Tottenham. I can’t stand Tottenham. This stops the bleeding but it doesn’t change that they need a CB. They need a CB more now than they did 24 hours ago.
I dont disagree with you about a center back, not sure how any observer doesnt. Even one like they had witb Kolo or Klavan would be massive.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I dont disagree with you about a center back, not sure how any observer doesnt. Even one like they had witb Kolo or Klavan would be massive.
Yeah. They don’t need a Virgil buy. They need a body. They really need two bodies.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Spurs fans and more importantly the players won’t put up with this style of play if they aren’t getting results. José is probably under a bit of pressure here

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Taking nothing but positives from this game. Bobby looking sharp lately (even if he hasn't been clinical) and rewarded with a goal is really gratifying. Really nice to see Trent have a good game for once (is this the only one he's had all season? feels like it sometimes) and hopefully he can use it as a springboard to finding his form again because we need it badly.

3 points against a top 4 rival is always nice. A bit of confidence for the team moving forward.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011

Yes. Because having any kind of discussion about Liverpool with you is so rewarding.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Not much to say. I guess Spurs were kind of in the game for 47 minutes. But typical braindead defending again. Liverpool were basically only dangerous with Mane in the first half and they let him run behind time and time again.

Not sure what Mourinho was thinking with this team. How is any of the three playing at the back today better than Alderweireld? How the %%%" is Doherty playing? One of the worst full back performances I have ever seen. How utterly pointless is it to have Vinicius if you are not going to play him?

Unfortunately I was more right than Mourinho this time. Didn't think Liverpool were good, but they didn't have to be tonight so...

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yes. Because having any kind of discussion about Liverpool with you is so rewarding.
Whatever. Y’all are frontrunners. Have been for as long as I’ve been posting on here and y’all go back under your rock whenever things aren’t favorable. Which I guess is fine, but it’s weak AF

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Whatever. Y’all are frontrunners. Have been for as long as I’ve been posting on here and y’all go back under your rock whenever things aren’t favorable. Which I guess is fine, but it’s weak AF

Imagine if we had all spammed the forum with complaints about where refs are born etc. whenever some results go against us. We wouldn't read about anything else.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Imagine if we had all spammed the forum with complaints about where refs are born etc. whenever some results go against us. We wouldn't read about anything else.
“Spammed”

The Arsenal and Spuds fans had to make their own thread.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W

Winning today probably made it less likely they buy one. I think the only way Klopp could get them to open the wallet is if theres a real threat of missing out on CL qualification...but todays victory likely calmed those fears. Pyrrhic victory?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Man, the Arsenal and Spurs fans are annoying, but don't pretend you haven't been a whiny baby about refereeing and Liverpool for this entire season :laugh:
I have certainly complained about the refs. They have been bad. But I also try to post facts to back up what I am saying. For instance by PGMOL’s own rule, Salah goal should have counted yes I complain because I watch a lot of Liverpool and it does feel like it’s not going there way sometimes. it’s okay if people don’t agree with me but I am here for conversation if my team is good or bad.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Winning today probably made it less likely they buy one. I think the only way Klopp could get them to open the wallet is if theres a real threat of missing out on CL qualification...but todays victory likely calmed those fears. Pyrrhic victory?
I disagree. I think they were not likely to get one either way and the only think that could have changed that were a Matip or Fabinho injury. Both were injured in the last 24 hours. I still don’t think it’s happening, but in no way did a win today make it less likely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad