GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 15

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Divock Origi has never scored a normal goal in his life. Rescued the three points there. Great play from Salah to set that up.

Reactions: gary69

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The Saints can't have anything nice. LFC is a meme St. James is erupting like they just won the league with a win over relegation fodder. Everything is happening

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Now as exciting as that win was; No Trossard, Dunk, and Webster down the stretch is going to drastically hurt this team!

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
City score less that 4 minutes in, and I’m not sure Watford had a touch on the ball.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Just watched the Chelsea game. Hurts to lose to a goal like that, and in a game where we definitely were the better side, but so she goes sometimes.

Mount's goal was absolutely brilliant.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
it's hilarious when Origi scores to win the match cause he does literally nothing else. By any standard he is not a good player and he scores at the end of these games way too much. It's wild. Somehow every season he justifies his place in the team by doing this.

Reactions: gary69 and Chimaera

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Just watched Chelsea West Ham

Disgusting

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
it's hilarious when Origi scores to win the match cause he does literally nothing else. By any standard he is not a good player and he scores at the end of these games way too much. It's wild. Somehow every season he justifies his place in the team by doing this.
I don’t think he’s a horrible player. I think he could get 10-12 goals in the EPL with regular minutes. But he’s not good enough to play regularly for Liverpool

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think I’d rather have Origi than the 15-20m transfer fee he’d likely bring i.

Reactions: gary69

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there

I don't think you can anyone else better for his price to do similar stuff that he does. If he is happy with his role and isnt a problem in the dressing room nor for the management, why sell him?

Reactions: Live in the Now

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I don’t think he’s a horrible player. I think he could get 10-12 goals in the EPL with regular minutes. But he’s not good enough to play regularly for Liverpool

No he wouldn't. Nowhere near good enough. He'd probably score 5 goals playing for Burnley.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
There have been some decidedly mediocre players who have scored 10 over the years. how much worse is he than Sam Vokes or someone like that? The last time he played a lot he got 7. I think it’s possible if he was the main attacker and played all the matches. I don’t think it’s ever going to get tested though.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Imagine being Jota if Origi hasn't scored and they lose the title because of a point or two. Dumbest shot attempt I ever witnessed.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Imagine being Jota if Origi hasn't scored and they lose the title because of a point or two. Dumbest shot attempt I ever witnessed.
Diogo Jota is 3rd in the PL in goals. I think he’ll be okay. No one would be blaming Diogo if that happened. He has more than contributed enough to put them in the situation that they can contend.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Why not blame Mane for also missing a great chance and having a worse performance this year as it relates to xG
The four points dropped with the draw a to Brentford and Brighton, because of poor team defending sticks out. There is not one player that the spotlight should go on.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
The four points dropped with the draw a to Brentford and Brighton, because of poor team defending sticks out. There is not one player that the spotlight should go on.

Oh I totally agree. Blaming a season on a single player is really dumb.

I just making the point that it’s extra dumb to focus on a single missed chance when others missed chances in the same game and statistically the player in question isn’t even performing poorly relative to the chances they’ve got.

Yea Jota missed (in hilarious fashion) what was almost a certain goal. He’s also scored goals he had no business scoring and will do so again this year cause that’s how top level scoring works.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad