GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 15 & 16

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
He's just trying to start an argument that isn't happening. Arsenal are 13th. They're bad. That's literally all that was said.

You know what? Sheffield United are bad too. I hope they don't chirp me the next time they win.

Why not? Every teams fans can chirp you. Don’t be insecure and defensive about a joke because you aren’t used to being in this position after being worse than Arsenal for the entire 90s, 2000s and most of the 2010s.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Why not? Every teams fans can chirp you. Don’t be insecure and defensive about a joke because you aren’t used to being in this position after being worse than Arsenal for the entire 90s, 2000s and most of the 2010s.
Sounds like you're the one being defensive lol

It's just a silly comment like it is every week from the same poster

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
And the team you drew last match day was just in the championship so that’s fun.

If only I even remotely cared. You have seen the top of the table lately, right? The team is playing rather poorly but I see a 1 plastered right next to the club name regardless of how they’re playing. They have drawn too many matches of late, but at least they aren’t losing them, and neither are they dropping places in the table.

This is regardless of how other teams are playing too. Those other teams are not top of the table even though our defense is half dead. Given those facts you shouldn’t be surprised there are those who see your commentary as laughable and respond to it the way it deserves.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
If only I even remotely cared. You have seen the top of the table lately, right? The team is playing rather poorly but I see a 1 plastered right next to the club name regardless of how they’re playing. They have drawn too many matches of late, but at least they aren’t losing them, and neither are they dropping places in the table.

This is regardless of how other teams are playing too. Those other teams are not top of the table even though our defense is half dead. Given those facts you shouldn’t be surprised there are those who see your commentary as laughable and respond to it the way it deserves.
Arsenal is where Liverpool was after they fired Rodgers. We're like what? Two and half seasons since the Wenger era? Look at how bad Man United were when SAF retired and were stuck with his rubbish.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Arsenal is where Liverpool was after they fired Rodgers. We're like what? Two and half seasons since the Wenger era? Look at how bad Man United were when SAF retired and were stuck with his rubbish.

I never, ever had the remotest intention of talking about Arsenal today. An Arsenal fan compared the state of the two clubs earlier which is absolutely laughable and I’ll leave it at that.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

Ah yes, the infamous top on New Year's Eve trophy.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I never, ever had the remotest intention of talking about Arsenal today. An Arsenal fan compared the state of the two clubs earlier which is absolutely laughable and I’ll leave it at that.
No I didn't compare the state of the two clubs. I compared their recent play and the commentary surrounding it.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Let's not pretend United are out of the woods yet either. There's something about the current strong run of form that feels a little phony. I feel like they could finish in the top 3 this year but also could end up 6th or 7th just as easily.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
No I didn't compare the state of the two clubs. I compared their recent play and the commentary surrounding it.

Their recent play is one is at the top of the table, but not playing that well (yet better than everyone else) after just having won the league. The other is nowhere near the top. You need anything else explained to you or is that all?

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Their recent play is one is at the top of the table after just having won the league. The other is nowhere near the top. You need anything else explained to you or is that all?
I'm sorry, there are seven teams with more points over the last three games, where Liverpool has looked lethargic and pretty impotent. I get that they won last year, and I get that they're top of the table because of the early part of the season. But to think that somehow makes them immune to criticism from other people is hilarious. Shit, Pochettino got canned after being the runner up in Champion's League.

I get that most Liverpool fans here were, well, not here back when Liverpool was hovering in the same area Arsenal is now, but I'd like to think you were still willing and able to comment on the play of other teams back then. I don't have the desire (or necessarily the ability) to search for messages back then, but I have a feeling it wasn't all sealed lips or compliments.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I'm sorry, there are seven teams with more points over the last three games, where Liverpool has looked lethargic and pretty impotent. I get that they won last year, and I get that they're top of the table because of the early part of the season. But to think that somehow makes them immune to criticism from other people is hilarious. Shit, Pochettino got canned after being the runner up in Champion's League.

Alright, Liverpool didn’t win the last three games trophy. This is hilarious given what you just said.

Anyway, nobody said anything about the team being immune to criticism but you went and made a dumb comment that for some reason you’d like to defend. In any case Liverpool played better than given credit for here and the ball just wouldn’t go in the net. They do also now have to balance not having center backs and can’t use their best defensive midfielder in midfield anymore either. It wasn’t a good result but they preserved top of the table for yet another week, are getting players back from injury, and can roll on from there. The season doesn’t happen in a vacuum. When a team has a lot of players get hurt, of course they’re eventually going to have a bad run of form. That’s football. The commentary on their play is as it is because of those injuries and the lowered quality of the team as a result.

If the criticism of the team is that they’re looking lethargic it’s pretty clear to see why. If any team below 10th had the injuries Liverpool had they’d be almost certain to be booted from the league. Klopp has had to balance a lot of things of late, namely how often to use players while maintaining a certain level in the table. I don’t envy his position and certainly don’t know what I’d do if it were me.

Last edited:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I get that most Liverpool fans here were, well, not here back when Liverpool was hovering in the same area Arsenal is now, but I'd like to think you were still willing and able to comment on the play of other teams back then. I don't have the desire (or necessarily the ability) to search for messages back then, but I have a feeling it wasn't all sealed lips or compliments.

FWIW I was here and criticized/shit on Liverpool constantly the same as any other team. Ask anyone.

That being said when there’s a contextual reason for a great team playing badly I don’t say all that much. Mostly why I haven’t said anything about City this season. Their best forward can’t play so of course they aren’t doing well. That’s just an example though. If Liverpool had all their team fit and played badly it would be fun to read some of the comments about it, but the team is demonstrably not fit and doing pretty well overall. I feel like if you told people van Dijk, Gomez, and Matip would be out almost all year and they’d be top of the table that nobody would believe you.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Let's not pretend United are out of the woods yet either. There's something about the current strong run of form that feels a little phony. I feel like they could finish in the top 3 this year but also could end up 6th or 7th just as easily.

Their defense is hit by injuries, making resting Maguire impossible. Lindelöf's back problems finally took him out. Bailly luckily is finding his form after returning. Plus Martial has not found the form he was in last season, especially post-Corona break. There's still lots of untapped potential there.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
FWIW I was here and criticized/shit on Liverpool constantly the same as any other team. Ask anyone.

That being said when there’s a contextual reason for a great team playing badly I don’t say all that much. Mostly why I haven’t said anything about City this season. Their best forward can’t play so of course they aren’t doing well. That’s just an example though. If Liverpool had all their team fit and played badly it would be fun to read some of the comments about it, but the team is demonstrably not fit and doing pretty well overall. I feel like if you told people van Dijk, Gomez, and Matip would be out almost all year and they’d be top of the table that nobody would believe you.
Do you think I haven't said shit about Arsenal?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad