GWT: PL Matchweek 8

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
There is a freaking agenda against us and that is because it's bad business for the EPL to have Arsenal high.

That's rich.......but the truth is.......

giphy.gif

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
We matter more than any other club in the PL besides maybe United. And that’s why they are actively trying to have us struggle.

*inside PL marketing meeting*

"How can we increase our global footprint? How can we best take advantage of the most important club in the world, Arsenal, being our flag-bearer? How we get everything out of this golden goose that we are so lucky to have? Thoughts?"

"What if we actively try to hurt their place in the standings and limit their success?"

"Goddammit, that's a great idea. Can't believe I never thought of that, you're a genius! Get me Mike Dean!!!"

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
*inside PL marketing meeting*

"How can we increase our global footprint? How can we best take advantage of the most important club in the world, Arsenal, being our flag-bearer? How we get everything out of this golden goose that we are so lucky to have? Thoughts?"

"What if we actively try to hurt their place in the standings and limit their success?"

"Goddammit, that's a great idea. Can't believe I never thought of that, you're a genius! Get me Mike Dean!!!"
They want Arsenal to actively not do well, becuase of corruption, a personal vendetta against Arsenal and Wenger’s comments on corruption and referee bias against Arsenal. There are also other reasons but I don’t want to list them all.

Reactions: S E P H

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
They want Arsenal to actively not do well, becuase of corruption, a personal vendetta against Arsenal and Wenger’s comments on corruption and referee bias against Arsenal. There are also other reasons but I don’t want to list them all.
So there’s an agenda against Arsenal because wenger commented on referring bias? You have the cart before the horse lol. Also wenger is long gone. Do you really believe money men care about anything other than $$$?

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
So there’s an agenda against Arsenal because wenger commented on referring bias? You have the cart before the horse lol. Also wenger is long gone. Do you really believe money men care about anything other than $$$?

Good thing Sir Alex NEVER commented on officiating. The PL would have come hard after Fergie if he ever spoke up

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Dude, your players just suck balls. That is the biggest issues. Yes, there are plenty of other issues. Yes, There is some quality in the lineup. But the biggest thing keeping Arsenal from being Wengers Arsenal (underachievers) is that too many players just suck balls.

Also, the Wenger era is not the entire era of the club. I often hear it being alluded to that their identity is of playing pretty ball. It’s not. You should look deeper into the history of your club. They were the biggest thugs in the game, and would slow the sport down to a crawl. Decade after decade. And now we’re here. Angers time playing pretty, underachieving ball was a blip in the radar, historically.

Last edited:

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
If Arsenal lose 15+ points due to referees, that would mean that Arteta is a great coach for taking that squad to second place last season if it had non-biased refs.
No, Arsenal lose points due to refereeing every year. Arsenal should have 7-8 more league titles. Arteta is losing as many points as his predecessors who should have had 15-20 more points a season too.

Last edited:

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Dude, your players just suck balls. That is the biggest issues. Yes, there are plenty of other issues. Yes, There is some quality in the lineup. But the biggest thing keeping Arsenal from being Wengers Arsenal (underachievers) is that too many players just suck balls.

Also, the Wenger era is not the entire era of the club. I often hear it being alluded to that they’re identity is of playing pretty ball. It’s not. You should look deeper into the history of your club. They were the biggest thugs in the game, abs works slow the sport down to a crawl. Decade after decade. And now we’re here. Angers time playing pretty, underachieving ball was a blip in the radar, historically.
The players are good enough for top 4. I don’t see how the Chelsea team is better on paper. Last season, Arsenal also had a better squad than United. Management is the big issue. I see Aubameyang, Lacazette, Tierney and Partey as top 5-10 in the world in their positions under the right coach. A coach that gets Pepe inverted and isolated 1v1 with defenders with enough repetition has him hitting Heung Min Son levels. Saka, Gabriel and ESR have untapped potential.

Arsenal were only ”thugs” or ”defensive” under George Graham. Still scored lots of goals though and obviously won lots and lots of trophies. And when Wenger is there for 22 years, he created the club identity. Because Wenger was here for so long and impritinted ”The Arsenal Way, TM” into generations of fans, Wengerball is the Arsenal way. Arsenal are like Ajax, a club for footballing purists. Even though United have had plenty of managers with different styles after Ferguson who left 8 years ago, his style of play is still what is engrained in peoples minds when they think of a United way.

Last edited:

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I think we'll be waiting a while for Jesus Christ to come back to be that right coach.
Gasperini would be enough. Could win the league immediately with Arsenal (or Spurs really). None of those teams have less talent than Chelsea who some people see as title contenders.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
No, Arsenal lose points due to refereeing every year. Arsenal should have 7-8 more league titles. Arteta is losing as many points as his predecessors who should have had 15-20 more points a season too.

Lol.

And when Wenger is there for 22 years, he created the club identity. Because Wenger was here for so long and impritinted ”The Arsenal Way, TM” into generations of fans, Wengerball is the Arsenal way.

You're the type of guy that thinks Arsenal is named after Arsène.

Arsenal are like Ajax, a club for footballing purists.

Lol.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Lol.

You're the type of guy that thinks Arsenal is named after Arséne.
I know a lot more than I should about Arsenals history pre-Arsene. However, I want Arsenal to resemble a Wenger team as much as possible, yes. Wenger’s phisolophy in terms of playing style and man management are in line with how I believe a football club should be. Wenger is one of the main reasons I love football. Arsene FC doesn’t sound too bad.

JaymzB

Apr 8, 2003
Toronto
Holy crap. As a fan of both Arsenal and Ajax, that comment is absurd.

One club has an agruement for being the most influential over the past 50 years. Had one of, if not the greatest club sides in the early 70's, and another single season side that again could be argued to be amonst the best in the history of the sport. This club is unquestionabily one of the greatest talent producers in worl football.

The other club is Arsenal...

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Holy crap. As a fan of both Arsenal and Ajax, that comment is absurd.

One club has an agruement for being the most influential over the past 50 years. Had one of, if not the greatest club sides in the early 70's, and another single season side that again could be argued to be amonst the best in the history of the sport. This club is unquestionabily one of the greatest talent producers in worl football.

The other club is Arsenal...
Wenger was just as influential in England as Cruyff’s Ajax were. They also played even more exciting football. More fast paced and fluid, less Juego de Posicion. I really like Ajax as well, though. They are one of the biggest clubs in the world, and just like Wenger’s Arsenal, one of the most influential.

And while Ajax have some of the best teams of all time, I do believe Arsenal do as well. 2001/02-2004 Arsenal is maybe the best club team ever.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

It's a conspiracy!

Reactions: Chimaera

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
To be fair, Chelsea supporters had a thousands strong petition for Anthony Taylor not to officiate their matches in perpetuity.

And then he was certainly... generous against Brentford :D

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I know that conspiracy theories are ripe with people today. I can even buy that the balance of calls might be skewed against a club.

But the idea that calls are what is keeping a side from winning the league, or heck, even legitimately making the CL, is just cuckoo for cocoa puffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad