GWT: PL Matchweek 36

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Lol, I wasn't expecting to win at WHL just like how they got destroyed at The Emirates. It's hard to win derby's at the opponents stadium regardless of who it might be (except Everton who is just straight up awful). Arteta is clueless though, he starts Holding when White was back on the bench. Awful refereeing, but sometimes players put themselves in those positions and White would not have done the same thing Holding did.

Also the only reason why Spurs increased in talent is because they bought players in the winter window when Arsenal bought nobody or put all their eggs in one basket for a bloke who only wanted Juve.
Based on the fact that White didn't come on after Holding got sent off I assume he's barely back into fitness and not capable of playing 60 minutes or so.

Reactions: maclean

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The one variable we just did not mention over the last few pages is that Arsenal has had no real striker for months and failed to score numerous times against poor teams so...okay, this Newcastle match is much more difficult than I'd previously considered.

Reactions: maclean

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Yes. I said it Arsenal will make the CL but they are clearly below the level of Tottenham at this moment.
It really isn't a clear thing. Arsenal is better on form and still higher in the table (albeit by a point). We also beat Spurs handily in the reverse picture. Sure they are beating us on the day but let's not stretch this out of proportion.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Gabriel going off, Holding out the next game, White is not fully fit..... The coming games are getting harder and harder.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Based on the fact that White didn't come on after Holding got sent off I assume he's barely back into fitness and not capable of playing 60 minutes or so.

And further now that they're bringing on Tavares for the last 15 minutes instead of White basically tells you that White isn't match fit yet.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
One of two things I hate about the end of the season is the hamstring variable. All these players are so tired come the end and some of them do their hamstrings. It's unpredictable who will and who won't. And usually they miss the WC when this happens but it isn't until November. Unfortunately because of that I'm wondering if next season due to those games the hamstring variable will start coming into play in late March and April.

The second thing I hate, obviously, is that it's over

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Based on…..? If you’re gonna base it on this game, with a soft pen and a softer red card, then go for it, as long as then arsenal is better than Chelsea and so on and so forth.

Since Conte took over Spurs are......1 point ahead of Arsenal

Just wanted to drop that meaningless info in here.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Said it months ago. Tottenham have no excuse not to finish fourth with the best managers and best talent.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Since Conte took over Spurs are......1 point ahead of Arsenal

Just wanted to drop that meaningless info in here.
Well too be honest, Arsenal did lose against CP, Brighton, and Soton all during that stage when Conte was with Spurs so I am not sure I buy that stat without context.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I'm surprised to see that Arsenal supporters aren't more critical of Holding. He ruined that game by playing like a bull in a china shop. Just no brain.

Reactions: Rob

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
If Arsenal do not finish fourth it won't be because of today's match. It will be because they dropped three games to Palace, Brighton and Southampton. Plus their failure to win their next two match.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad