GWT: PL Matchweek 35 & 36

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Liverpool will get their hands on the Premier League trophy in a special ceremony on the Kop at Anfield following the clash with Chelsea next Wednesday.

Having mathematically secured the club’s 19th league title last month, the Reds are set to receive the silverware at their final home match of the 2019-20 campaign on July 22.

With supporters unable to attend the behind-closed-doors fixture, the historic occasion will involve a unique presentation designed to acknowledge and celebrate Liverpool fans.

Reds players and staff will collect the Premier League trophy and their winner’s medals on a special podium built at the centre of the Kop surrounded by fan banners.

Sir Kenny Dalglish, Liverpool manager when the club last won the championship in 1990, will join Premier League chief executive Richard Masters to deliver the medals.

The Reds squad, led by captain Jordan Henderson – who will lift the trophy at Anfield – have been involved in the planning for the much-anticipated ceremony.

They care so much about these games that they're planning how they're going to celebrate winning the title.

King Kenny handing the medals out, and hopefully the trophy to Henderson as well, will be something to remember.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Not sure if Liverpool have anything to play for anymore with regards to records, but if they don't I would think Klopp would give the younger players/rotational guys some minutes the last two matches.

Reactions: YNWA14 and Cassano

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
City: *buys another world class attacker to sit behind Bernardo, Mahrez, and Foden*

FSG: "You guys remember Curtis Jones. Pretend he's a transer."
And thats why Manchester City will win the league next year.

There is a gulf in quality between their bench players and all other teams.

Also Liverpool bench might be the worst in the top 6... Yes, I went there.. Origi, Shaqiri, Ox, Jones, William, Elliot, Minamino they scare nobodies and I like most of them...

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
And thats why Manchester City will win the league next year.

There is a gulf in quality between their bench players and all other teams.

Also Liverpool bench might be the worst in the top 6... Yes, I went there.. Origi, Shaqiri, Ox, Jones, William, Elliot, Minamino they scare nobodies and I like most of them...
Not exactly a hot take. But with the 5 sub rule especially, this is not a good summer not to reinforce; but can’t spend money they don’t have.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Who is he displacing in Liverpool's midfield?

Time will tell. He can play on the left too. I think Milner is going to play much less next season.

It also needs to be mentioned that Ox is probably only getting one more season to recover from his blown ACL.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Meh, won a meaningless match against a team who has nothing to play for and caused both of their errors. The shots were still like 23 to 3 or something.

I am more disappointed by the lack of posts in this thread saying that I was right a week or two ago. You lot should listen to me more. I really do not want Europa, so whatever we do to not be drawn there and somehow get into the CL, I’ll be very happy.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Meh, won a meaningless match against a team who has nothing to play for and caused both of their errors. The shots were still like 23 to 3 or something.

I am more disappointed by the lack of posts in this thread saying that I was right a week or two ago. You lot should listen to me more. I really do not want Europa, so whatever we do to not be drawn there and somehow get into the CL, I’ll be very happy.
Europa League was the best thing to happen to us this year. Allowed us to play Martinelli and Saka

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Not sure if Liverpool have anything to play for anymore with regards to records, but if they don't I would think Klopp would give the younger players/rotational guys some minutes the last two matches.
I hope Andy Lonergan plays against Newcastle. Genuinely

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad