Dec 17, 2005
LA
kxmy96nnmiv81.jpg

Reactions: Savant

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
That game was a bit like Hogan vs Warrior at WM 6.

It wasn't "good" by conventional standards but you'll sure remember it.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Gordon was just hilarious to watch that Merseyside Derby, gets told by the ref to move the ball two centimetres back during the corner and then gets a yellow for simulation lol.

Not sure that Liverpool deserved all three points, I saw it Everton being quite poor in that second half. It's crazy to think how other teams have help the Reds so much in becoming so good. Bayern gives them Thiago for basically free, then Barca allows to them to buy like three players (Salah, Mane, and Fabinho) just from Coutinho, and finally Wolves agree to give them Jota for one million pounds the first season. It's like opposing clubs want to make them good or something. If I was another team and LFC called me, I would demand triple from the get go and not back down for anything.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Gordon was just hilarious to watch that Merseyside Derby, gets told by the ref to move the ball two centimetres back during the corner and then gets a yellow for simulation lol.

Not sure that Liverpool deserved all three points, I saw it Everton being quite poor in that second half. It's crazy to think how other teams have help the Reds so much in becoming so good. Bayern gives them Thiago for basically free, then Barca allows to them to buy like three players (Salah, Mane, and Fabinho) just from Coutinho, and finally Wolves agree to give them Jota for one million pounds the first season. It's like opposing clubs want to make them good or something. If I was another team and LFC called me, I would demand triple from the get go and not back down for anything.

At the time almost everyone here said they were stupid for signing Jota so I don't want to hear that. I remember some of the commentary during Jota's first games too. Wolves also owed Liverpool money for Hoever, they wanted to sign Semedo which was just dumb, and they needed to balance their books after signing Fabio Silva too. They didn't need the money right away but they made signings and had to have something coming in.

And they got Thiago for 25m because he has a pretty bad injury history. Klopp did a great job of managing his game time though.

They bought Salah and Mane well before selling Coutinho lol. They bought Salah because they had a strategy the previous season to make the CL without spending anything, trying to save money to add players when they could get better players...and it actually worked.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
came here just to post that ahahah. Not good optics wise when the top 2 teams in the league are at the top of this.

Yeah, certainly makes one pause. They're also the 2 most dominant teams so opposing sides are going to generating less scenarios where a penalty is likely, so by a pure chance % you'd assume they would give up fewer pens than other teams (Rodri incident notwithstanding).

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
One good thing though is that even though Bielsa left, Leeds retained a lot of the same principles. They want to attack a lot still, but they made slight defensive adjustments. Who knows if they'll work in the long run or not.

Bielsa is taking the Bolivia or Colombia job so if he picks the latter at least we'll be really entertained by him still.

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
That is a big point for Leeds to establish a 3 point cushion over Burnley and 5 over Everton

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
You already know it's not going in when they start doing Twinkle Toes on the penalty.

It's almost freaky how you can sometimes just tell.
We were watching on a phone at my friend's cottage and I was just like - naw, no way he scores this

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
They need to sign multiple midfielders this summer.

When Kante is well rested, he is virtually unstoppable.

With him and Thiago’s age/fitness levels, they need world class rotation guys.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I don't think Chelsea will be spending much net anymore so it depends what they get for Lukaku. New owners aren't just going to go nuts, and the accounts showed that they aren't very profitable and that Roman had to give them money.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I don't think Chelsea will be spending much net anymore so it depends what they get for Lukaku. New owners aren't just going to go nuts, and the accounts showed that they aren't very profitable and that Roman had to give them money.
Exactly, hence why I tried to ask if he was referring to Chelsea or United.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Kai Havertz is so ridiculously lazy. Doesn’t make obvious runs when he really should be making them. Plays too slowly too. He really has a lot of things to work on physically. He’s weak and turns like a truck. Looks depressed on the pitch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad