GWT: PL Matchweek 29

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

Still not convinced he is the answer, but a promising performance. He may be playing himself back to Spain's starting XI.

Reactions: maclean

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I can’t tell if Spurs backline leaves their keepers out to dry or if the keepers are just bad.

Now that Burnley scores, this is going to be a very boring game. Burnley is going to sit back like they normally do and Spurs not having the difference makers, along with Mou, won’t be able to score.

Reactions: Cassano

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I can’t tell if Spurs backline leaves their keepers out to dry or if the keepers are just bad.

Now that Burnley scores, this is going to be a very boring game. Burnley is going to sit back like they normally do and Spurs not having the difference makers, along with Mou, won’t be able to score.

Spurs backline is consistently bad. I’ve seen this movie before.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

Mou has lost the plot, it's almost sad to see.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
He has, but I’m also not sure what else he’s supposed to do.

They have no one who can score goals, have incredibly poor fullbacks, and a mediocre midfield.
Mou alienated his only decent fullback, so he's kind of at fault there.

They also spent more money on January transfers than any other team for Mou, bringing in two solid players in Bergwijn and Gedson Fernandes.

They're getting outshot 14-3 at half. A statline that Emery would be proud of.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
He has, but I’m also not sure what else he’s supposed to do.

They have no one who can score goals, have incredibly poor fullbacks, and a mediocre midfield.
What he should retire so we can throw a parade. Or actually keep making a fool of himself.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015

Luckily for them they got bailed out by that late challenge...

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
It's funny how feeling can drastically change in a week. Last week Brighton lose to a rival and everyone below them wins - the world feels like it's on fire. This week Brighton draw and everyone below us takes an L - I feel like the world is whole again and we may become a mid-table main stay....

Also helps that Arsenal won and in doing so helped Brighton out. Overall solid morning of football :p

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Jon Moss can barely breathe and is out of shape. How is he fit to be a PL ref??

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Arsenal have controlled the game and should lead by more
Both teams had their chances. I thought both goalkeepers were absolutely fantastic as the defence was so poor it could've been 2-2 at halftime. I was quite disappointed by Arsenal's offence until Lacazette came on, Pepe was amazing, but everyone else was meh.

The three worst players today were all wearing red in Mari, Sokratis, and Xhaka.

- Who the **** is this bloke (Mari)? His passing was SOSOSOSOSOSO bad the entire match, he either put too little on the ball thinking it weighed 20 kg or rocked it like it weighed -10 kilograms. There was no middle for him and he was caught in no man's land throughout the match, which lead to West Ham's best chances.

- Sokartis did his consistent "run too far up the pitch for no ****ing reason just to be caught on the counter" as we've seen all season from him. Plus his header was a complete sitter, how you miss that is beyond me...

- Xhaka just doesn't have the IQ and will never ever have it, he has one of the poorest through ball skills I've ever seen a player have. I would rather take a broken ankle Diaby than him at this point.

We really need to move on all three players, but especially the latter two as soon as possible. I would include Ozil to that list, but sadly he's getting playing time and loves London.
They were trying so hard not to give that goal
Lol, THIS times a MILLION. Atkinson was probably grinding his teeth there as well, I cannot stand this wanker.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto

Still not convinced he is the answer, but a promising performance. He may be playing himself back to Spain's starting XI.

They have a lot of midfielders better than him, even if he's playing himself back into decent form. I'd be fairly surprised if he were in the 23 for Spain in the summer, let alone in the XI.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
They have a lot of midfielders better than him, even if he's playing himself back into decent form. I'd be fairly surprised if he were in the 23 for Spain in the summer, let alone in the XI.
He was starting consistently for them until his injury in November.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Time for Liverpool to start a new streak- 1 game without a loss and counting

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad