GWT: PL Matchweek 23

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Laporte needs to be back ASAP. Stones is trash, and Fernandinho has done admiral job but it’s time to go back to CM. I would even give Garcia a run of games.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Arteta has 1 win, 3 draws, and 1 loss as Arsenal's manager (not including the one he sat in the stands for). I thought Arsenal had a top 4 quality squad and only Emery was holding back spectacular performances?

Reactions: Gecklund

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
We got an angry one here to end in Brighton. Maupay is a fire cracker, you never know when he is going to go off.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Funny that Wolves got a penalty for basically this exact challenge

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Arteta has 1 win, 3 draws, and 1 loss as Arsenal's manager (not including the one he sat in the stands for). I thought Arsenal had a top 4 quality squad and only Emery was holding back spectacular performances?

It's still early and they have been a better team the past 5 games than they were this season under Emery.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
This is Emerys fault, it will take long time to implement an effective system, as it did for Klopp, Pep and more. It will take long to make the players who Emery told " respect the opponent", making them believe they were worse than everyone, believe they can win games and play on the front foot. We are playing better and could very well be a top 4 team next season, when Emerys brainwashing is out of the players. It can take a season or two to see the effects of a new manager, Wengers ideas still having an effect on the squad is a large reason we were so much better last year. The longer Emery got, the more he ruined, and it will take up to a few years to reverse the tactical, mental and physical damage from his tenure ( David Luiz himself said the players aren't fit enough to play Artetas style of football).

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I really don't think that's what he was getting at. City have been much better this season with Mahrez on the pitch, and should be an obvious starter for them.

No argument there he should start but he did nothing to secure this tie.

Defenses adjust when he is on the pitch, he is one of the few City players who can create for himself, it opens up space for his teammates
Rewatch the game and notice the different

There's an abundance of city players that can create for themselves. The notion that he's one of few is perplexing to say the least. City played better as the game wore on because they needed a goal the pressed more and Palace naturally sat back.

Reactions: les Habs

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
The side angle showed he threw himself down before he touched the defender's leg. Good no call
Yup, he was in the air and throwing himself into the defender before the contact was even made. Clear attempt to draw a penalty rather than any attempt to push through and play the ball.

Rq9Le73.png

bq1JRba.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad