GWT: PL Matchweek 14

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Liverpool have had more chances to score. Why should Everton be ahead?

Also since when does a keeper playing well mean the other team should have scored?
Everton has certainly had the better chances. I don’t even know if I’d say Liverpool has had more, but Everton certainly has had the better chances.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Everton has certainly had the better chances. I don’t even know if I’d say Liverpool has had more, but Everton certainly has had the better chances.
Howso? Shaqiri's chance was the best chance of the game.

Everton has had a header which Allison made a great play to come out, get right in front of, and make himself as big as possible. Everton hasn't missed any chances Liverpool have defended them.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Howso? Shaqiri's chance was the best chance of the game.

Everton has had a header which Allison made a great play to come out, get right in front of, and make himself as big as possible. Everton hasn't missed any chances Liverpool have defended them.
The header was the best chance of the game. Then walcott’s. Then shaqiri. Allison stopped both well. So did Pickford. Best chances are still everton’s imo

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
RIP Arsenal jokes

065aaf285627cd1209e8c0e38ca0450c45a843fa_hq.jpg

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
The header was the best chance of the game. Then walcott’s. Then shaqiri. Allison stopped both well. So did Pickford. Best chances are still everton’s imo
Walcott didn't even get a shot? Shaqiri's chance was certainly better than Gomes' header. Headers in that space are incredibly difficult to control and Allison didn't give him anywhere to place it. Would have needed to be a perfect header to score and it was defended well. Certainly if Allison hadn't come out as quickly as he did it would have been a golden opportunity. It was a great defensive play (and he did well to come out on Walcott as well).

I don't get saying that they 'should have scored' when they had their opportunities cut out by a good play by the keeper. Shaqiri was alone, and had only the keeper to beat. If anything Shaqiri was the closest to should have scored, since he kind of hit it really close to Pickford with a ton of time, but Pickford made a good play to make himself big and cut down the space.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah pretty much.
Even if you swap Walcott's and Shaqiris (arguable), it's still two of the 3 best chances for Everton, including one that seems impossible to miss.

Anywya, there's no point for trying or merit, scoreless draw.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Mane also missed a shot from in behind the defence early on that he blazed over the net.

The header wasn't better than Shaqiri's chance, and Walcott didn't get a chance at all.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Walcott didn't even get a shot? Shaqiri's chance was certainly better than Gomes' header. Headers in that space are incredibly difficult to control and Allison didn't give him anywhere to place it. Would have needed to be a perfect header to score and it was defended well. Certainly if Allison hadn't come out as quickly as he did it would have been a golden opportunity. It was a great defensive play (and he did well to come out on Walcott as well).

Shaqiri was alone, and had only the keeper to beat.
Only you would think a free header from four yards out in the middle of the net is a worse chance than a shot from eight yards out and at an angle. Only you would think a ball cleared off the line is a worse chance than an easy save.

Both Shaqiri and Walcott were in alone with just the goalie to beat. Walcott passed the goalie but took too large of a touch after Allison intervened. Shaqiri never got around the goalie but took a shot that was easily saved by Pickford. The chances are very similar but I posit that Walcott’s was better because he actually got around Allison, albeit with a forced large touch.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I’d say the Shaqiri chance is better than then Wolcott one since he had less pressure on him, but the header is clearly a superior chance to both.
Yeah I understand that argument. I think they’re about equal, but certainly the header is, well, ahead.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Walcott didn't take too heavy a touch Allison hit the ball off his legs. He never 'got around the goalie'.

Also headers are much harder to place than a free shot. We'll ignore the rest of Liverpool's chances however.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Only you would think a free header from four yards out in the middle of the net is a worse chance than a shot from eight yards out and at an angle. Only you would think a ball cleared off the line is a worse chance than an easy save.

Both Shaqiri and Walcott were in alone with just the goalie to beat. Walcott passed the goalie but took too large of a touch after Allison intervened. Shaqiri never got around the goalie but took a shot that was easily saved by Pickford. The chances are very similar but I posit that Walcott’s was better because he actually got around Allison, albeit with a forced large touch.
"Only you" would think that someone getting the ball hit off their legs and then having it go out of play equates to beating the keeper.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
"Only you" would think that someone getting the ball hit off their legs and then having it go out of play equates to beating the keeper.
Even after the ball hit off his legs, he took another touch. Again. It was a forced bad touch. Like I said. Nor did I ever say he beat the keeper. Just got around him.

It helps if you read what I say.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Klopp must have sold his soul to the devil with the amount of luck Liverpool have had this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad