GWT: PL Matchweek 1

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
By the way, it occurs to me that last night I failed to fulfil my remit of being Old and Miserable About Modern Football. Therefore I will do it now.

It's a scandal that Norwich fans were asked to travel to Liverpool on a Friday night. No doubt there will be plenty more schedulings that spit in the face of people who want to see their team play live.

Generally speaking I agree. No need to schedule these kind of games late in the evening. In this case pick another game for Friday.

That said. If it happens once or maybe twice a season I can live with it.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Really like Haller. Classy player. Will be interesting to see if he can score goals as well.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
First VAR overturned goal in Premier League history is questionable IMO. Although you could argue it’s not questionable because it’s not subjective.

Reactions: AB13

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
The margins are so extremely small, that I wouldn’t call that goal back. Very questionable decision.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Yea that shouldn't be called back since it's entirely up to interpretation where you draw the "shoulder" line.

Yeah. That was another odd one.

Should probably add a chip or something in the jerseys. Will never make it perfectly fair, but at least you will have one specific point to measure from.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
This is triggering my PTSD to the NHL with goals getting called back for a skate being 1 mm off the ice.

Reactions: KJS14

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
VAR should be used to correct obvious mistakes, not call someone 2 inches offside due to their respective shoulder positions. I'm not sure how you best implement its use personally. I want to say give the ref some judgement there to say it's a BS offside call, but where do you draw the line then?

Last edited:

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Another one coming back....

Edit: haha the shoulder playing him on that time? This is nuts.

Reactions: Blender

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad