GWT: PL Matchweek “28”

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Could see one of the big boys going for DCL if Everton go down. Would be brilliant for WH.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Everton’s rest of season schedule is significantly more difficult than Brentford’s. Might come down to that six pointer in MW37. I think Chelsea and Brentford had the easiest last time I checked.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Could see one of the big boys going for DCL if Everton go down. Would be brilliant for WH.
West Ham is in a good position because they theoretically offer more starters minutes to guys like Raphinha, DCL, etc than the UCL teams. Supposedly they were in on Luis Diaz too.

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Just reminds me of last year when the pundits and friends and others said Liverpool’s injuries didn’t matter and that they had to get on with it. Especially considering LFC had it much worse last season than Chelsea is having it this season
I think it was more pathetic at the beginning of the year though. Most pundits had Man City, Chelsea and United ahead of Liverpool. Not shocking as pundits always overreact on new signings but more shocking then they forgot how LFC finished 3rd with a depleted squad last year.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021

Would be disappointed as hell if Arsenal doesn’t have higher ambition than DCL in the summer. Need someone who can turn into WC in a couple of years. West Ham is a good level for him.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
West Ham is in a good position because they theoretically offer more starters minutes to guys like Raphinha, DCL, etc than the UCL teams. Supposedly they were in on Luis Diaz too.
Went all the way up to Moyes having a conversation with Diaz on the phone before Liverpool swooped in, reportedly.

I agree with your reasoning, I'd hope at least they can offer Europa though. The way it's looking they might slide out of the European places entirely, which might put them into that next tier below, even if they're competing against teams only offering rotational spots.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011

Sure. Not a bad place to go. But him being English my guess is that all the big clubs would have some interest. Somewhat depending on how he does in the last 10 I guess.

United old. City no striker. Chelsea Lukaku. Hell even Liverpool might be interested. Spurs is the least likely as I can't see them having the money for someone that would partly be a backup for Kane. He would be a brilliant fit in that role though.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Sure. Not a bad place to go. But him being English my guess is that all the big clubs would have some interest. Somewhat depending on how he does in the last 10 I guess.

United old. City no striker. Chelsea Lukaku. Hell even Liverpool might be interested. Spurs is the least likely as I can't see them having the money for someone that would partly be a backup for Kane. He would be a brilliant fit in that role though.
Everton not selling to LFC. LFC’s big ticket signing will probably be a midfielder this summer. Can’t speak for anyone else

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.

Of those, I only think Chelsea would have an interest post-Lukaku. He doesn't really fit the profile for a United or City.

Everton...so bad.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Went all the way up to Moyes having a conversation with Diaz on the phone before Liverpool swooped in, reportedly.

I agree with your reasoning, I'd hope at least they can offer Europa though. The way it's looking they might slide out of the European places entirely, which might put them into that next tier below, even if they're competing against teams only offering rotational spots.
So the Diaz thing; (not that it matters) Porto knew LFC was Diaz first choice so they gave LFC the chance to match any offer for him. Wasn’t exactly the “larceny” that some sources (not you) described it as. Porto just wanted to do right by Diaz and get him his preferred move. LFC wanted to wait until the summer (which Porto knew) but time line obviously got moved up.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Evertons only victory in the league with Lampard as manager came against an incredible bad Leeds. Sums it up.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Doherty has been ridiculous in this game. It seems wrong writing it, but 56 mins of world class. Should have passed it to Kulusevski in the first, but other than that absolutely brilliant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad