GWT: PL Matchweek “28”

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Evertons only victory in the league with Lampard as manager came against an incredible bad Leeds. Sums it up.

Sometimes a club changes manager and it becomes clear the manager was indeed the problem (Newcastle). Sometimes the club changes manager and it becomes clear the players are the problem (Man Utd).

Everton appear to be in the 2nd category.

Reactions: luiginb

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Hopefully Alli will play 80 games for Everton and Spurs will get a decent fee. Right now 20 and 10m GBP might be more realistic.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Yeah. Kulusevski and Bentancur have really been useful so far. Two of our best players today. Really only the left back position that is still quite useless now that Emerson is out of the team.

Will be interesting to see how Skipp plays alongside Bentancur. I think that could work really well.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Thursday 10 March (yes this is considered MW28 for some reason)

Norwich x Chelsea
Southampton x Newcastle
Wolverhampton x Watford
Leeds x Aston Villa

FWIW, these games are technically considered matchweek 30, matchweek 21, matchweek 19, and matchweek 20, respectively

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
United will give them room and those three up front are too good when given space.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Spurs are not good, but they might not have to be to beat United.

This game was decent enough after the poor start (Everton gifted Spurs two nil. Had little to do with Spurs playing well).

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I don't know. I was happy to see him go as you just got to accept it won't always work out - and I was getting so sick of his inconsistencies. But it isn't that long ago he started against City for Spurs and did very well. If he could have built on that performance, he would easily be worth 40m considering he is English. He also showed glimpses under Mourinho of the player he can be - which is also easily a 40m player.

As for expected payment I don't know. Apparently there is an 80 games clause. Fair enough, but I don't know how many goals, assists whatever is part of it if it is to go up to 40m GBP.

10m after 20 games seems low though. Especially if there is nothing in between 20 and 80 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad