GWT: PL Matchweek “28”

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
The days of PSG being interested have gone. He has had three managers basically not want him at all. Everton offered him a lifeline, but even that, he has to earn through playing time.

If someone is willing to buy him, it would likely be a bottom table, or Championship side, where he would need to prove himself. Wages will also be a massive issue.

He's just not a good player at this stage. He's not worth much even considering English.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
He is a difficult player to value. Not sure how much I would have paid for a punt on him.

Nuno started him in his first game at Spurs. Mourinho played him early as well. And this summer he looked extremely fit.

I think he should have modelled himself after Soucek rather than some "flair" player he still seem to think he is. He has got a fantastic engine and he is still a good finisher. Problem is when he starts to slow down play, steps on the ball etc.

I was actually hopeful after the first game against City that he would be good as a no. 8. But he disappointed again.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
He is not difficult to value. It's minimal. I don't know his contract situation for Spurs, but I would imagine it was running down relatively soon. So, what? 10 million? Maybe some incentives to bring it to 20? If Spurs got that, Levy should have a mask and a gun.

In the last two seasons he could not get on the pitch, and could not do much when he was there. Whether that was due to injury, form, dislike of the manager, not fitting the system, or whatever, it's where we are. He would not be the first player to fall out with Jose, but it happened. Nuno looked to give him a lifeline, but that did not last.

He does not really have a position. He's not a midfielder. He has been ok in the past at running in behind the lines and playing almost a 10 role, but who is going to tailor their side for him?

As I've said, for his own career, he needs to go somewhere he can play. Sort out personal stuff, put in the work in the training ground to improve his game. I don't think that's at Everton sadly.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
A bit excessive maybe, but still funny

275065419_3120879641513032_9160006419833919234_n.jpg

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Right. I think he is difficult to value, but clearly I am wrong :laugh:

Alli at his best is absolutely amazing. Even at 90% he is worth a lot more than "minimal". And unlike many others who have lost their way he is fit. So yeah - it is difficult. It is absolutely baffling what has happened with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00