GWT: PL Matchweek “27”

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
09D1FC64-1EAB-4A53-AD63-20086B63DDCB.jpeg

And there are still people defending VAR.

Yes. You might get some decisions right, but you can accept a ref making a mistake live - not catching things like this with VAR just ruins the game.

Reactions: Blender and Rob

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Premier League clarify that the VAR team didn't think there was conclusive evidence that the ball hit Rodri more in the red area of the arm than the green. Nothing to do with offside https://t.co/h6QhS6SEaW

Reactions: Havre

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
City might just be approaching the United bracket now. The number of decisions that go their way is unnatural. They have gotten six undeserved points against Arsenal and Everton just from blatant corruption. Not to mention the number of pens they get and others don't.

Geordie Bruin

Dec 27, 2018
Newcastle
City might just be approaching the United bracket now. The number of decisions that go their way is unnatural. They have gotten six undeserved points against Arsenal and Everton just from blatant corruption. Not to mention the number of pens they get and others don't.

That’s utter bullshit. Incompetent officials are the same for every team, fans just like to think they are hard done.

VAR should be great but there are still errors as at the end of the day it’s a judgment call. They’ve made it harder by bringing in a ‘high bar’ and not over ruling a referee if there’s any ambiguity over a decision.

When you have 80% of the ball and attack like Man City then you will get more decisions. It was the same with Man Utd and Liverpool.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
That’s utter bullshit. Incompetent officials are the same for every team, fans just like to think they are hard done.

VAR should be great but there are still errors as at the end of the day it’s a judgment call. They’ve made it harder by bringing in a ‘high bar’ and not over ruling a referee if there’s any ambiguity over a decision.

When you have 80% of the ball and attack like Man City then you will get more decisions. It was the same with Man Utd and Liverpool.

That isn’t true. There is obviously corruption going on behind the scenes and has been for many years. Arsenal have lost 15-20 points a season because of refereeing for 20 years. United have gained similar amounts. Teams like Leicester have been heavily favored for years. The same teams are always favored and it never evens out. I am not one for conspiracy theories but I truly, strongly believe in corruption in the PGMOL. Guys like Mike Riley are perpetrators.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
15-20 points a season? For a team that never should have been in the league.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
That isn’t true. There is obviously corruption going on behind the scenes and has been for many years. Arsenal have lost 15-20 points a season because of refereeing for 20 years. United have gained similar amounts. Teams like Leicester have been heavily favored for years. The same teams are always favored and it never evens out. I am not one for conspiracy theories but I truly, strongly believe in corruption in the PGMOL. Guys like Mike Riley are perpetrators.

A 30-40 point swing for the last 20 seasons between Man Utd and Arsenal just on refereeing decisions? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

When did Arsenal fans all turn into conspiracy theorists? There was a 1000 comment thread on Reddit last week about McTomminay avoiding a 2nd yellow card against Leeds, and it wasn't Leeds fans in there complaining, it was all Arsenal fans. Its hilarious how every bad decision other teams suffer in games not involving Arsenal somehow turns into an anti-Arsenal conspiracy :skeptic:

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
A 30-40 point swing for the last 20 seasons between Man Utd and Arsenal just on refereeing decisions? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

When did Arsenal fans all turn into conspiracy theorists? There was a 1000 comment thread on Reddit last week about McTomminay avoiding a 2nd yellow card against Leeds, and it wasn't Leeds fans in there complaining, it was all Arsenal fans. Its hilarious how every bad decision other teams suffer in games not involving Arsenal somehow turns into an anti-Arsenal conspiracy :skeptic:
Arsenal fans know about the corruption against us. We are not crying wolf for no reason. Don't always side with the official narrative. They are humans and the law is certainly open to interpretation. Besides, there's no form of rigorous control on the referee association, very little accountability, yet we must turn the other nose and act like they do nothing wrong. The conditions are really good for corruption. Look at the wages the referees get. Compare that to the footballers they reign over. Where's the accountability for decision-making? Who's in charge of keeping things okay? Themselves. These conditions produce corruption in any other field and industry, why wouldn't it in a multi billion dollar sport with plenty of shady dark interests pumping money like water?

Arsenal are one of the least fouling teams in the league for any period of time you want to look at: yet we get the most red cards. The numbers do not lie in such a simple scenario. Check the rate of our fouls, yellows and reds over any relevant period. It is disproportionate.
And yes, I believe few of Fergusons titles are legitamate. The refeeres have started to referee United games a bit better since he left.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I disagree that all Arsenal supporters think there is a conspiracy against them. I know a lot of sensible ones. While there are some ridiculous ones here I don't think this board is an accurate representation of their fanbase.

Reactions: bluesfan94 and Rob

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I disagree that all Arsenal supporters think there is a conspiracy against them. I know a lot of sensible ones. While there are some ridiculous ones here I don't think this board is an accurate representation of their fanbase.
I think it is an accurate representation of the fanbase in that there certainly are some lunatic (or shall we say overly passionate) arsenal fans “in real life.” I think there are more here than average.
I just hope I’m one of the sensible ones.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Between here, R/soccer and AFTV, they're all nutters.

The Arsenal fans I know IRL, one is a respectable primary school teacher, the other is one of the most sensible young men I've ever known. The kind of guy you want your daughter to come home with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad