GWT: PL Match Week 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
What an undeserved result! 8-0 Arsenal would have been fitting, complete and utter dominance. Spurs are a much worse football team than Arsenal and it is not even close. We should finish 10+ points above them if they keep playing like this.

Always taking it a few steps too far, eh?

Reactions: bluesfan94

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
What an undeserved result! 8-0 Arsenal would have been fitting, complete and utter dominance. Spurs are a much worse football team than Arsenal and it is not even close. We should finish 10+ points above them if they keep playing like this.

AngelicSneakyDesertpupfish-size_restricted.gif

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Both of our goals given away were cheaply given. So frustrating, we were the better team.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
You can protect the ball...its a foul everywhere else on the field...

Yeah you can protect the ball. That’s not what happened though. Kane initiated the contact and flopped.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Xhaka needs to not start anymore. Torreira Guendouzi willock ozil ceballos should be the 5 names amongst the three spots.

Reactions: AB13

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Disagreed.

Arsenal was the.better side, especially in the second half, but Spurs played it smart by playing the counter and exposing the Gunners's awful defense. They deserved their goals and could have had more. They also did not give up that many prime chances.

I agree that Sp*rs did well at what you say. I overexagerrated due to being hyped. I think we created millions of prime scoring chances though, enough to win comfortably.

Last edited:

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
I’ll fully admit Xhaka got the full Casemiro treatment. Should have had 3 yellows today at least.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Impossible. Tottenham, with the 3rd best manger in the world, is light years ahead of Arsenal. As clearly displayed in this match.
16 pts in 16 matches.

You're not anywhere near 3rd best manager in the world if you go on that prolonged form.

Reactions: AB13

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I think it's ridiculous that people are saying that Kane dived. Not that I'm convinced it's a penalty either.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Something I've noticed is that some of you lot REALLY like to put words in other people mouths. Nobody has ever claimed this.

I never said it was any Tottenham supporter that said it. I can dig up quotes but the people here know who they are that posted this nonsense.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Matteo Guendouzi, I did not expect this. Brilliant all round performance, I saw some of the usual mistakes but he offered so much work ethic and brilliant, quicker passing than usual. The 433 formation is clearly the way to go.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I never said it was any Tottenham supporter that said it. I can dig up quotes but the people here know who they are that posted this nonsense.

I posted it before Arsenal had signed a single player. Maybe nuance and context is way too hard for you to understand, at least it seems that way right now. Perhaps you also think that Arsenal would have gotten a draw without Pepe, Ceballos, or David Luiz (spoiler: they wouldn't).

If you think the squads were comparable without those three players, it isn't me posting nonsense.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I posted it before Arsenal had signed a single player. Maybe nuance and context is way too hard for you to understand, at least it seems that way right now. Perhaps you also think that Arsenal would have gotten a draw without Pepe, Ceballos, or David Luiz (spoiler: they wouldn't).

No, we would not have drawn. We would have won without Luiz losing his brain and jogging back for the first goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad