GWT: PL Match Week 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Sorry, autocorrect. Read it now instead of being a cocky w*nker.

Who's being cocky? I just couldn't read what you said. Also, now that you fixed it, I couldn't disagree more. The first goal was caused by Leno failing to make the save strongly enough, he let the ball fall in front of him. Luiz also stopped numerous Tottenham attacks near the end.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I posted it before Arsenal had signed a single player. Maybe nuance and context is way too hard for you to understand, at least it seems that way right now. Perhaps you also think that Arsenal would have gotten a draw without Pepe, Ceballos, or David Luiz (spoiler: they wouldn't).

If you think the squads were comparable without those three players, it isn't me posting nonsense.

Except they beat them last year without those players. You know it's OK to admit you're wrong.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Except they beat them last year without those players. You know it's OK to admit you're wrong.

They beat them, but that's not what we were talking about. At the time we were talking about a Tottenham that had signed Ndombele and an Arsenal that had done nothing of any consequence in the market at that point.

You could take anything out of context if you really wanted to. Like when you said Leno was better than Alisson.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Who's being cocky? I just couldn't read what you said. Also, now that you fixed it, I couldn't disagree more. The first goal was caused by Leno failing to make the save strongly enough, he let the ball fall in front of him. Luiz also stopped numerous Tottenham attacks near the end.

The first goal could have been avoided if Luiz was in position instead of jogging back. He was exposed countless times by Son. The first goal was mostly caused by Sokratis and Luiz, although Leno should have done better.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The first goal could have been avoided if Luiz was in position instead of jogging back. He was exposed countless times by Son. The first goal was mostly caused by Sokratis and Luiz, although Leno should have done better.

Luiz wasn't in position because Sokratis left him exposed though. Sokratis ran forward to try to win a header that there was no way he would win, when Xhaka was already attempting to win the header.

He didn't look good, but the keeper should have cleared the ball.

Reactions: booyakasha

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Luiz wasn't in position because Sokratis left him exposed though. Sokratis ran forward to try to win a header that there was no way he would win, when Xhaka was already attempting to win the header.

Agreed, no idea what Sokratis was doing there.

Reactions: Cassano

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013

I'd say it was more on Sokratis than anyone else individually. Not sure why he had to insert himself into the Xhaka-Kane jump ball. And we all knew Harry Kane's fivehead was winning that header.

Reactions: Cassano

AB13

Apr 29, 2019

I agree about Sokratis, but he would have easily been in position if he sprinted back, since Guendouzi and Torriera managed to get back and started further up the pitch. It was mostly because of Sokratis, but Luiz certainly played a part.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
I think that goal was pretty much all Leno.

I mean he definitely didn't do himself any favors, but Spurs don't even create that chance if Sokratis doesn't jump into that header with Kane and Xhaka already there. Thankfully Leno made some great saves later in the game though.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
See how Leicester does their next four matches before the October break. Very tough games but if they navigate through them with 7 points Ill start taking them seriously for 4th.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Felt as though we deserved 3 points on the day, but considering being down 2- I'll take it. Great push back from everyone.

Reactions: AB13

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Leno should have done better there...
That was on Sokratis.
Super poor rebound by Leno, but look at the three mistakes...all by Sokratis that lead to the goal. We gifted Spurs that goal, Luiz running around with his head cut-off (not surprising), but on the replay you clearly see Xhaka waving Sokratis off saying "I got this" yet this idiot still decides to pressure for the header which both of them lose. Absolutely brutal goal, Sokratis was probably the worse player on the pitch and that's one with a negative rating Xhaka on it too. I would very much like to see him dropped for Chambers against Watford.

It was nice seeing Auba frustrated after the match, that's one where I think Spurs fans will be more happy to get a draw since Arsenal completely dominated the match from the 58th minute on.
The idea that Kane or Lacazette are better footballers than Firmino is just beyond me.
Poorly aged post. I like Firmino and I am not going to say who's better, but holy **** that Lacazette performance today was one of the best of the last three years. Every time he touched the ball something happened, his backtracking skills are unbelievable for a striker, his work rate is unbelievable, and has a great amount of IQ/finishing skills for a striker. That tactical yellow by him obviously shows how much he understands in the game. Now Firmino is fantastic, I don't think he would be as good as he is outside of Liverpool, but especially outside of Klopp's tactics. With that said, his start to the season you can't argue against him.

Is Ceballos lazy or just that slow?
Ceballos body language just looks super weird (similar to Sterling). It looks like he doesn't try out there, but in reality he looks like he plays drunk lol.

dissapointed with pepe
I mentioned before the season that we'll have chemistry issues and I think that's what we're seeing. Pepe had the assist to Lacazette for the first goal so it wasn't totally useless, but he keeps trying to curl the ball into the top corners of the net when all he needs to do is just put a bloody ball on net. Who gives a **** if it's pretty or not, just shoot the damn thing on goal and things happen (rebounds, deflections, etc.).

emery is out of his element.
Mhiki on was an awful sub.
Yup, that was a terrible substitution, Mkhitaryan looked like he didn't belong in this game, but Spurs played Sissoko so I guess that even it up. Lol. His starting teams have been very strange, you drop Chambers who had a fantastic debut and then you drop Willock who was the only player worth a damn against Liverpool. I mean you gotta play Torreira and Guendouzi, but the riddle keeps coming back to that BXB CM role where Xhaka keeps ****ing finding himself on the pitch.

Also @AB13 I hope you saw what type of player Guendouzi can be for us. I don't understand your bashing of him because he's so young, sure he will be very inconsistent for the next couple of seasons, but give the lad a chance. Also if that Guendouzi performance won't bring back @Evilo then nothing will.

Leno sucks
He's inconsistent, but no way does he suck. Bad mistake on the first goal, but had 4 cracker saves in this game..he is like the least of our concerns Pedro.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Super poor rebound by Leno, but look at the three mistakes...all by Sokratis that lead to the goal. We gifted Spurs that goal, Luiz running around with his head cut-off (not surprising), but on the replay you clearly see Xhaka waving Sokratis off saying "I got this" yet this idiot still decides to pressure for the header which both of them lose. Absolutely brutal goal, Sokratis was probably the worse player on the pitch and that's one with a negative rating Xhaka on it too. I would very much like to see him dropped for Chambers against Watford.

Oh for sure a calamity all around on the goal. I found Xhaka was decent in the second half. The issue is as long as he is on Arsenal are at risk of a negative game changing action.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
See how Leicester does their next four matches before the October break. Very tough games but if they navigate through them with 7 points Ill start taking them seriously for 4th.
They really need to stay healthy, especially at the back, to have any chance of a CL spot. They really don't have much quality depth behind Pereira, Chilwell, Evans, and Soyuncu.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
BBC pundit slams Arsenal's Granit Xhaka after Spurs clash

Blows my mind how he didn't get the yellow on Son.
he should've been sent off with the 2nd yellow.
he had atleast 3 yellow card infractions, with me being biased arsenal fan, which he should've been booked.
You can't defend this guy, he is atrocious.
but he will continue to wear the Captains arm band and trot out for the full 90.

We aren't going anywhere with Emery.

Reactions: Fro

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Oh for sure a calamity all around on the goal. I found Xhaka was decent in the second half. The issue is as long as he is on Arsenal are at risk of a negative game changing action.
Sokratis was super poor and why I want to see him dropped, but at least he has some consistent moments on the season. Xhaka as you mentioned has at least one negative game-changing play where his lack of IQ and lack of controlled emotions just make him conduct brain-fart moments. I think that's his third yellow in a row and hopefully he's suspended next game. I am also in agreement that he didn't look too bad on the second half, but honestly nobody did because Spurs were dropping too far back due to our front three/Guendouzi.

Reactions: robertmac43

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
BBC pundit slams Arsenal's Granit Xhaka after Spurs clash

Blows my mind how he didn't get the yellow on Son.
he should've been sent off with the 2nd yellow.
he had atleast 3 yellow card infractions, with me being biased arsenal fan, which he should've been booked.
You can't defend this guy, he is atrocious.
but he will continue to wear the Captains arm band and trot out for the full 90.

We aren't going anywhere with Emery.
Gary Neville also said Xhaka is "an experienced player who never becomes experienced," which pretty accurately sums up how terrible he is as he just consistently does the same things wrong game after game.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019

It was nice seeing Auba frustrated after the match, that's one where I think Spurs fans will be more happy to get a draw since Arsenal completely dominated the match from the 58th minute on.
Poorly aged post. I like Firmino and I am not going to say who's better, but holy **** that Lacazette performance today was one of the best of the last three years. Every time he touched the ball something happened, his backtracking skills are unbelievable for a striker, his work rate is unbelievable, and has a great amount of IQ/finishing skills for a striker. That tactical yellow by him obviously shows how much he understands in the game. Now Firmino is fantastic, I don't think he would be as good as he is outside of Liverpool, but especially outside of Klopp's tactics. With that said, his start to the season you can't argue against him.

Ceballos body language just looks super weird (similar to Sterling). It looks like he doesn't try out there, but in reality he looks like he plays drunk lol.

I mentioned before the season that we'll have chemistry issues and I think that's what we're seeing. Pepe had the assist to Lacazette for the first goal so it wasn't totally useless, but he keeps trying to curl the ball into the top corners of the net when all he needs to do is just put a bloody ball on net. Who gives a **** if it's pretty or not, just shoot the damn thing on goal and things happen (rebounds, deflections, etc.).

Yup, that was a terrible substitution, Mkhitaryan looked like he didn't belong in this game, but Spurs played Sissoko so I guess that even it up. Lol. His starting teams have been very strange, you drop Chambers who had a fantastic debut and then you drop Willock who was the only player worth a damn against Liverpool. I mean you gotta play Torreira and Guendouzi, but the riddle keeps coming back to that BXB CM role where Xhaka keeps ****ing finding himself on the pitch.

Also @AB13 I hope you saw what type of player Guendouzi can be for us. I don't understand your bashing of him because he's so young, sure he will be very inconsistent for the next couple of seasons, but give the lad a chance. Also if that Guendouzi performance won't bring back @Evilo then nothing will.

He's inconsistent, but no way does he suck. Bad mistake on the first goal, but had 4 cracker saves in this game..he is like the least of our concerns Pedro.

Read my comments about Guendouzi today, I loved his performance! Did not expect it at all but a real positive surprise. He was great but I have not seen this before other than a few flashes, and I still do not think he should start every week. He played a lot quicker today which was why he was so effective. Playing higher up the pitch in the field really suits him. He is competely lost as a DM when he should sheild the defence and distribute from deep but was brilliant in a more advanced role, both on and off the ball.

He has sucked before, ruining every single attack by not being able to see a pass from deep and taking wayyyy to many touches on the ball, along with constantly being out of position, and being a complete defensive liability. He was really brilliant today though. The reason I criticize him is because he is being severely overplayed and it cost us the UCL last season. He has been blindly overhyped because of age. Think he has potential but a lot to learn and he isn't close to as good as you think.

Last edited:

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
They really need to stay healthy, especially at the back, to have any chance of a CL spot. They really don't have much quality depth behind Pereira, Chilwell, Evans, and Soyuncu.
Im not expecting it, but their starting 11 is very but as you noted they have very little depth. Away United, Spurs, Newcastle, away Liverpool is their next 4. I will be keeping a close look at them over this stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad