GWT: PL catch-up to MW 35 & 36

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Okay, so someone help me out here.

What happens if:
- City wins CL
- Leicester/Chelsea win FA Cup and finish 5th

I think that the 5th place team makes the UCL because of City, then 6th and 7th make Europa and 8th makes Conference League? Or am I wrong

Say Hey Kid

War's just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
If Chelsea beat Man C Saturday that would be huge for their CL chances. It appears that it's over for the bottom 3 relegation teams.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Reguilon the worst full back in the league? Boy was I fooled by the potential he has going forward. Laughable that he plays game after game when he is so lost. Been so for months now.

And Dier please. Why is it that every new manager plays him? I would pay 20m just to get rid of him.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
30m for Dier. Any takers?

Not that he is the sole reason for this loss. Leeds just a better team.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I'm pretty sure that they in the VAR-room just checked if Dier was still on the pitch. He was so fair to assume no offside.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Okay, so someone help me out here.

What happens if:
- City wins CL
- Leicester/Chelsea win FA Cup and finish 5th

I think that the 5th place team makes the UCL because of City, then 6th and 7th make Europa and 8th makes Conference League? Or am I wrong

Earning a CL spot via continental competition does not cause the domestic spot to bump down.

City or Chelsea winning the CL makes no difference on where 4th and 5th place are headed respectively based on domestic results.

If Chelsea finish outside the top 4 and win there’ll be 5 English teams in the CL. If City wins there’ll be 4.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Last night was my birthday. Now that I am vaccinated I am making up for lost time going out to dinner and I spent more last night on a meal than I have in a decade.

This morning I turn the TV on to watch Spurs.........TV isn't working. So I will going out to buy myself a new TV for my birthday today.

Seems like I should be glad I missed it

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Leeds haven't lost to a so-called "top 6" at home this year. So it would be a bit rich expecting Spurs to just beat them. Leeds deserved the win, but it wasn't like Spurs were useless. Just as usual so many individual mistakes at the back. Did Aurier stop a single cross? The man doesn't seem to think stopping crosses is of any importance. van Dijk instead of Dier and none of the 3 goals would have been goals. Reguilon tries, but he is so lost it is hard to describe. Can't even make the simplest pass. Nothing new in this. And it is not like players like Doherty or Sanchez would have improved us much. And for whatever reason our only half decent defender the last months - Rodon isn't even on the bench. Fair enough Mason going for experience, but if he starts Dier again he should be sacked.

Heroin sounds like a better idea than a TV.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
City playing there b team. I was gonna wonder what pep would do. Does he tip his hat and play what he would in the final or bid his time and consider experimenting. Probably the right move

Reactions: Power Man

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Earning a CL spot via continental competition does not cause the domestic spot to bump down.

City or Chelsea winning the CL makes no difference on where 4th and 5th place are headed respectively based on domestic results.

If Chelsea finish outside the top 4 and win there’ll be 5 English teams in the CL. If City wins there’ll be 4.
Okay so if Chelsea wins and finishes 5th and Leicester wins the FA Cup and is in the top 4, 1-5 are champions league, 6-7 are Europa, 8 is conference?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
What kind of formation is that, Pep special indeed.
The kind of formation when you don’t want to give anything away for the Champions League final.

And its not exactly like the “B” team isn’t like a 500m squad that makes the waiver the white flag here.

Reactions: gary69

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad