PK Subban trailing to Patrice Bergeron, a bruin! Vote!

CaptainBenn

Sep 8, 2012
Pretty sure EA keeps it secret so they can do whatever they want. This whole cover vote has a lot more to do with free advertising than actually choosing a posterboy.

"Sponsor will consider the voting results when choosing [...] but will not be obligated to abide by such results in making its decision"

Stopped caring after I read that...

samsquanch9*

Everyone who's saying to worry about the real games could've just voted in the time it took them to write the post.

Who cares if you're not into video games or the NHL series? Help our subban out and take the 15 seconds to vote or tweet.

But hf is full of cynical old men and young people that think dismissing young culture makes them intelligent or mature, and they are WAY too cool for that

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
Official rules on their site
http://covervote.nhl.com/public/fulfillment/rules.pdf

3) [...]Sponsor will consider the voting results when choosing the NHL player to be featured on the cover of the NHL 15 video game, but Sponsor will not be obligated to abide by such results in making its decision.

lol they would be such Pejorative Slurs to think bergeron could sale more than subban... so yeah voting has been useless... I guess last year they did it in purpose to keep subban out.. for the first cover of the new generation systems... ;)

But seriously... what a load of crap. Lol...

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
The reason why they put that clause there is to protect themselves more so than ignore the voting.. Say Bergeron won and had a few run ins with the law in the summer for instance than they wouldn't want to be associated with that player.. That's purely speculative though, they probably do want Subban on the cover over Bergeron.. He has more star appeal

HTTP 400

Sep 1, 2007
The reason why they put that clause there is to protect themselves more so than ignore the voting.. Say Bergeron won and had a few run ins with the law in the summer for instance than they wouldn't want to be associated with that player.. That's purely speculative though, they probably do want Subban on the cover over Bergeron.. He has more star appeal

Yeah, but also generates more hate! I could see many Bruins and Sens fan not buying the game just because it has Subban on it! :laugh:

Official rules on their site
http://covervote.nhl.com/public/fulfillment/rules.pdf

3) [...]Sponsor will consider the voting results when choosing the NHL player to be featured on the cover of the NHL 15 video game, but Sponsor will not be obligated to abide by such results in making its decision.

...and people realize it once again wasn't democracy, just publicity. As always.

Mathradio

Drive for 25
Oct 11, 2010
consanguinephysics.wordpress.com

Who is most likely to have their run-ins with the law, Bergeron or Subban?

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC

This, exactly. I mean, honestly, only EA knows just how much stock they put into the whole cover vote thing, but a clause like that just means they're not bound to use the winner of the vote in the case of a Dany Heatley incident or what have you.

I tend to agree with overlords that it's more for promotion than anything, but whatever. I retweeted Subban's thing for a chance to win that puck, why the heck not.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
"Sponsor will consider the voting results when choosing [...] but will not be obligated to abide by such results in making its decision"

Stopped caring after I read that...

I suspect that's simply a morals clause in the event a winner pulls a "Tiger Woods".

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal

No idea. Both people seem to be extremely well spoken and intelligent men. I've never heard a bad thing about either person off the ice. They'd be two of the last people I'd expect to get in trouble with the law.

PricePkPatch*

This, exactly. I mean, honestly, only EA knows just how much stock they put into the whole cover vote thing, but a clause like that just means they're not bound to use the winner of the vote in the case of a Dany Heatley incident or what have you.

I tend to agree with overlords that it's more for promotion than anything, but whatever. I retweeted Subban's thing for a chance to win that puck, why the heck not.

Like being associated with a premeditated murdered? :sarcasm:

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto

I was just using that as an example haha.. TBH they seem like two of the most straight up off ice people in league.. Subban doesn't even really drink as far as I know or anything like that

CrazyShea

Mar 16, 2006
The Rock
Subban once again is trailing Bergeron somehow. Even if this is all rigged by EA if I can help prevent a Bruin from getting the cover I will. Keep voting!

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Subban once again is trailing Bergeron somehow. Even if this is all rigged by EA if I can help prevent a Bruin from getting the cover I will. Keep voting!

Unless EA is only counting the votes on the NHL.com, that's ********. EA said Subban was trailing Doughty as well, but Subban ended up winning. I have a feeling they are only basing that on who is winning on the NHL.com ballot, and not on twitter. I'm almost positive Subban is beating Bergeron on twitter.

Honestly, if Bergeron is on the cover of the game, ill just buy the game digitally. I don't want that gross spoked B anywhere in my house.

CrazyShea

Mar 16, 2006
The Rock
How do you know that?!

EA sports nhl twitter account posted a picture of it. Doesn't show numbers. Guess they are just trying to get habs fans to go crazy again like they did when they said Doughty was in the lead.

EA SPORTS NHL @EASPORTSNHL · 2h

#NHL15Bergeron is currently in the lead! Can #NHL15Subban come back on Twitter Thursday?

CrazyShea

Mar 16, 2006
The Rock
Unless EA is only counting the votes on the NHL.com, that's ********. EA said Subban was trailing Doughty as well, but Subban ended up winning. I have a feeling they are only basing that on who is winning on the NHL.com ballot, and not on twitter. I'm almost positive Subban is beating Bergeron on twitter.

Honestly, if Bergeron is on the cover of the game, ill just buy the game digitally. I don't want that gross spoked B anywhere in my house.

Haha this is my exact plan as well. Too bad we will have to still see him on the loading screen

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
They'll say whatever gets more re-tweets to come in, promoting their product. Subban voters will dwarf anybody else right now, so what would keep them voting and getting the NHL 15 hashtag out there?

1) Telling them that Subban is winning

2) Telling them that Subban is losing

I wonder...

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
EA sports nhl twitter account posted a picture of it. Doesn't show numbers. Guess they are just trying to get habs fans to go crazy again like they did when they said Doughty was in the lead.

EA SPORTS NHL @EASPORTSNHL · 2h

#NHL15Bergeron is currently in the lead! Can #NHL15Subban come back on Twitter Thursday?

In the lead? Wtf lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad