PK Subban part II: Norris and stuff Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I think he's been stellar as always. I really don't think there is a better Dman in the NHL.

I think he had some defensive lapses in a select few games, and some people felt like extrapolating those games to his whole season, which, I agree, has been stellar so far.

League wide, I do think he's the one defenseman that can bring game breaking ability on offense as well as shutdown abilities on deffense. I don't think there's someone clearly ahead of the pack on defense, but I wouldn't swap Subban for any other defenseman, that's for sure.

And I think the Norris should have been his last season as well.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
So far this season, PK is:

8th among all scorers (1st among defensemen).

1st in assists.

3rd in plus/minus.

2nd in PP points.

Imagine when he starts scoring goals.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I wonder why doesn't Subban have confidence in his wrist shot from the point. He can walk the blueline with the best of them but he always opts to stand in one spot and swing his stick back for a fake slapper as the only alternate when players get in the way of his shooting lane.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
I wonder why doesn't Subban have confidence in his wrist shot from the point. He can walk the blueline with the best of them but he always opts to stand in one spot and swing his stick back for a fake slapper as the only alternate when players get in the way of his shooting lane.

True dat. PK should use his wrist shot more often. Maybe it will come with time.

Because last year, you could tell da system was for PK to use his one-timer. It was so one-dimensional and predictable that it stifled our whole offense, especially on the PP.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
True dat. PK should use his wrist shot more often. Maybe it will come with time.

Because last year, you could tell da system was for PK to use his one-timer. It was so one-dimensional and predictable that it stifled our whole offense, especially on the PP.

I don't think it was the system, it was the players both unconsciously and consciously looking for Subban or Pacioretty and not exploiting space. Right now they're focusing on moving the puck quickly and exploiting plays down low so the point men are open. It keeps the opponent off-balance and makes the habs unpredictable, which is key in offensive hockey in general.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
His shot is more accurate from centre ice. I really don't know what's going on with his slap shot. Hope it turns around soon.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
His shot is more accurate from centre ice. I really don't know what's going on with his slap shot. Hope it turns around soon.

I had to watch the Coyotes feed on Center Ice US.

The Coyotes homers spent quite a bit of time discussing PK on the first goal. They used their red graphics and showed how PK pinched and then when he was caught, he did not skate hard to get back in the play. He was gliding and watching.

Lazy play.

TheAntiPrice

Oct 25, 2009
Montreal, QC
Can't help but think he's spending far too much time on extracurriculars and not enough time on hockey. He's been very poor defensively lately and his shot is as weak and inaccurate as I've ever seen it.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
He's being keyed upon more than usual and is the focal point of the opposition on the powerplay. He's eating a ton of minutes out there and still producing... Have faith in the guy, he's one of the 3 best defensemen in the game.

shawdowmaker

Dec 20, 2011
Montreal
How can you not love PK? He's the best in the game as far as I'm concerned.

Best at what? Kidding he 's pretty good but lately lol. I would like for him to improve his defensive game. At times he gets lazy and stops moving his feet so that needs to change. Also I wouldn't mind seeing him play more physical which I know he is capable of.

feds91

May 17, 2004
my top 5 in no particular order (for this season)

Klingberg
Karlsson
Suter
P.K.
Doughty

I'm not worried about Subban at all :nod:

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
How can you not love PK? He's the best in the game as far as I'm concerned.

PK is undoubtedly the best blueliner on the Habs but that doesn't mean he is without faults. I see so many posts quoting is points, his assists and his PP stats that I wonder if anyone pays attention to what he does in his own end. It needs some work but he has the tools to make it work.

I would like to see him make more short, crisp passes than those flip it over the opponent's defensemen and pray passes. His defensive coverage could tighten up a bit and he tends to wander around and lose his man. He will try to do another player's job when he needs to concentrate on his own responsibilities. And when he carries the puck he tends to circle around and around so much that his teammates are standing still by the time he gets going up ice.

His other weakness is his pivot when a forward is coming in on him. It is far from smooth and takes him too long for a guy who can skate as well as he can.

These are the kinds of things that kept him on the bench during the Olympics. I know I am being picky but with his skill set and his build he could go from being good to being dominant. We see flashes of it and I would love to see that on a consistent basis.

I don't know if PK is the best in the league or not. There are too many players haven't seen play regularly but I am glad he is on the Habs.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
PK is undoubtedly the best blueliner on the Habs but that doesn't mean he is without faults. I see so many posts quoting is points, his assists and his PP stats that I wonder if anyone pays attention to what he does in his own end. It needs some work but he has the tools to make it work.

I would like to see him make more short, crisp passes than those flip it over the opponent's defensemen and pray passes. His defensive coverage could tighten up a bit and he tends to wander around and lose his man. He will try to do another player's job when he needs to concentrate on his own responsibilities. And when he carries the puck he tends to circle around and around so much that his teammates are standing still by the time he gets going up ice.

His other weakness is his pivot when a forward is coming in on him. It is far from smooth and takes him too long for a guy who can skate as well as he can.

These are the kinds of things that kept him on the bench during the Olympics. I know I am being picky but with his skill set and his build he could go from being good to being dominant. We see flashes of it and I would love to see that on a consistent basis.

I don't know if PK is the best in the league or not. There are too many players haven't seen play regularly but I am glad he is on the Habs.

The team as a whole have identified the Cup is within reach. We are sitting at 15-4-2. It also appears as though almost every player has more to give. That makes me very excited about this spring. PK specifically is a top 5 guy that we as fans think can do more. That's an amazing thought.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Yes, you're being very picky. Basically you are asking for perfection to your eyes.

PK is undoubtedly one of the best Dman in the NHL. They all have their flaws. To be fair, you can say a lot of the things you just said about the other Dmen too. Keith, Doughty, Weber, where they are weaker PK will be stronger, and vice versa.
It really just comes down to personal preference when speaking of the 4-5 best Dmen in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad