Player Discussion PK Subban - Lost An Edge Edition *Mod Warning Post 1*

Status
Not open for further replies.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Crazy thought....maybe he's injured

Just a wild stab in the dark I know, but it's possible.

I mean, Carey Price has been doing drills for weeks/months, has anyone suggested there's something 'fishy' (beyond injury recovery) going on with him?

Probably just shutting him down for the rest of the season. Playing him get's us nowhere. Not playin him potentially let's us get into the 7 spot and it also let's us evaluate the AHL players. No need to risk injuring him again.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
So you would not do pk for hall and likely Matthews. Then try Ito replace pk as best you can?

Sorry man. I'd do it in a heartbeat. Too emo here.

id be tempted but Hall doesnt have more than 3-4 years on his deal

meantime Subban is locked up for his entire prime almost already

id rather have Subban to plan around

also id be seriously worried about Price bolting if we dealth Subban like that

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
There's no reason to play him even if he's okay, any time there is an injury to the neck you need to be cautious as possible.. especially when its your best skater and there is nothing to play for.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Why is Subban not playing? Do they have a deal in place and don't want him to get injured again?

Can we ever have the truth with this management??

I doubt it. The secrecy and arrogance from MB and MT this season has probably made many fans not believe a word these guys say anymore.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I don't often agree with Berkshire....but I agree that not getting the King Clancy nomination after his donation and the rest of his off-ice events, tells a whole lot about how he's seen in this dressing room.

If people want to think that Pacioretty being named tells that he's finally such a great leader, I think it's much more easier to say that Subban not being named, tells a whole other story....

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I don't often agree with Berkshire....but I agree that not getting the King Clancy nomination after his donation and the rest of his off-ice events, tells a whole lot about how he's seen in this dressing room.

If people want to think that Pacioretty being named tells that he's finally such a great leader, I think it's much more easier to say that Subban not being named, tells a whole other story....

WS do you think it could be possible that they trade PK?

badbrains

Well Oiled Tank
Feb 1, 2016
ET
There's no way PK is traded. It would make 0 sense. Who could possibly replace him? With Markov on the decline our D is suspect even with a healthy lineup.

My gut tells me that PK is done with this coaching staff so the team put him on the shelf to avoid any more questions about why he's not playing. A PR move from a team more concerned about public perception than about winning.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
There's no way PK is traded. It would make 0 sense. Who could possibly replace him? With Markov on the decline our D is suspect even with a healthy lineup.

My gut tells me that PK is done with this coaching staff so the team put him on the shelf to avoid any more questions about why he's not playing. A PR move from a team more concerned about public perception than about winning.

That may be true but isn't his team mates that vote for that award? It says more about how they see him no? If giving 10 million and community work and causes does not get your fellow players to vote for you then what does? They are going to be dumb enough to trade him, it would not surprise me.

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
That may be true but isn't his team mates that vote for that award? It says more about how they see him no? If giving 10 million and community work and causes does not get your fellow players to vote for you then what does? They are going to be dumb enough to trade him, it would not surprise me.

They can always go another 25 years without a cup. The Toronto Canadiens.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

Listening to Marinaro right now it seems they do.. Kinda says a lot about how his teammates view Subban. Wouldn't surprise me if this clown show traded Subban either.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
On the one hand, this doesn't look good on PK. Do as much for the community as he and he still doesn't got nominated by the team? Concerning and something worth monitoring, absolutely.

On the other hand, this is a chalk full of soft players who also clearly don't know what it takes to win and other teams' rejects, so saying that this is clearly Max Pacioretty`s team is not exactly a ringing endorsement for Patches either, at least from my point of view.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Listening to Marinaro right now it seems they do.. Kinda says a lot about how his teammates view Subban. Wouldn't surprise me if this clown show traded Subban either.

Probably the real reason he has been shut down, I hope I am reaching with all of this but how do his teammates vote for Patch with the history setting donation that PK made to a kids hospital if they like PK at all? I can see it happening and Bergevin saying that's the only choice he had to bring a number one center to the Canadiens and Therrien is safe and so is everyone else.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
I'm a big PK supporter but I'm going to step back and look at things objectively for a moment. Maybe even take a jaded and cynical approach.

Since day 1, PK has always come off as a huge extrovert. Perhaps so much so that he isn't aware or doesn't care about the perception others have of him. Like him or don't, it matters not.

Current management has gone out of their way to try to knock him down a peg or two more than once. It blew up in their face with the arbitration and subsequent contract. Only strengthened PK's status. NMC kicks in July 1st.

He wanted to be captain. In a completely "non-related and uncalculated" move, he makes a huge donation to the Children's Hospital. Doesn't get the C.

PK has become a brand off the ice. Literally and figuratively. How does that play with his team mates? Does it matter? Does he care?

He is very kind and giving to the community..How do we know this? It's all over the media. PK's xmas video at the hospital, the bus driver video, etc were all "productions". How were they perceived by his colleagues?

Had he been nominated for this last award, guaranteed he would have won it. Almost no question. Max gets the nomination..We all say "What?, How? Max? Why no PK?"

We love to over-analyze things, but it would be very naive as a fan to think that there isn't something going on that needs to be dealt with.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Unless you have a plan to replace him, no he should not be traded. But is this still news to people that he doesn't have the respect of his teammates? How could he? He does everything in his power to gain and divert all the attention on to him. Someone so desperate for attention cannot have the respect of his teammates with all the stunts he pulled. An absolute great player but just a clown mentally.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
WS do you think it could be possible that they trade PK?

Not that long ago, I would have told you that it's totally impossible. I still choose to believe that it's still impossible.

Why? 'Cause we have NO replacements for him. Now, soon or future. If Subban goes, a TOP d-man needs to be in that trade. At the VERY worst....a OEL/Ristolainen. That's the very worst.

So I don't see Bergevin doing that. Bergevin don't do those things. Too afraid. And sometimes...in THAT case, being to afraid might be the way to go.

Film Noir

Mar 7, 2010
Verdun
He's the most marketable player in the league. He could fetch a #1d and a top line forward. Somethink like Ekblad and Huberdeau or Duchesne and Barrie. Could be worth it. I'd rather trade #67 myself but we are already so thin at forward...

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Very surprised Subban was not the Habs players' choice for the King Clancy Memorial Trophy nomination. The criteria read like they were written for PK: "player who best exemplifies leadership qualities on and off the ice and who has made a significant humanitarian contribution to his community". What the hell is going on?

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
So Price was going to come back in 6 weeks.....Subban's injury was not so serious after all....and yet they miss all those games.

It's really either 2 things. Medical personnel is pure stupid. Or they are just laughing at us.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
One alternative view, not one I necessarily think is correct: not voting for Pacioretty, the team's captain, in such a down season would be even more controversial and would look even worse. Need to show that Pacioretty is the leader. Solidarity and ****.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
One alternative view, not one I necessarily think is correct: not voting for Pacioretty, the team's captain, in such a down season would be even more controversial and would look even worse. Need to show that Pacioretty is the leader. Solidarity and ****.

I think it's more likely that the players voted with this in mind than actually thinking too hard about it, tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad