Player Discussion PK Subban - Lost An Edge Edition *Mod Warning Post 1*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Continue here...

And folks just a warning, this thread is on PK Subban the hockey player. This is not a thread on racism. There are political threads for that if you wish to discuss racism in North America. Race can be alluded to here but please refrain from accusing people of racism or making personal attacks.

We all realize that race might play a role in Subban discussions but we don't want things to go off the rails. This thread is going to be policed more than usual so please tread a little more lightly here. Thanks.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I would like to be the first to allude.......

I'm not a fan of any player but am glad he's a Hab. We have too few impact players on this team and a defenceman who can log in 30 minutes game after game is a rare commodity. Nothing further, my Lord.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I'm not a fan of any player but am glad he's a Hab. We have too few impact players on this team and a defenceman who can log in 30 minutes game after game is a rare commodity. Nothing further, my Lord.
Well, I thought it was pretty interesting how MT said that he "caught and edge and we can't blame him for it" last night. I haven't seen the play but I've heard on the radio that it was similar to the play in Colorado.

Looks like MT learned his lesson here.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Well, I thought it was pretty interesting how MT said that he "caught and edge and we can't blame him for it" last night. I haven't seen the play but I've heard on the radio that it was similar to the play in Colorado.

Like others, I found it odd that Therrien would specifically resort to using the exact same expression Subban uttered when he had lost his footing late in that game where he had slipped and for which Subban was blasted by MT. It can be read both ways. MT should have just shut up or used a different expression. However, MT only knows so many words.

Jeu individualisssss. Enthousiasssss.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

It was a bit different because PK wasn't actually doing anything particularly high risk. Sure, he danced a little, but he was basically backing up to make a pass or play and just tripped. Colorado was a bit different because he could have just dumped it. I guess he could have last night as well, but it all started rather innocently and bad luck struck.

If I wanted to nitpick, last night was more forgivable of the two in my opinion, though I don't blame him at all for Colorado either.

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
Subban has lived up very well to his contract I think. I wouldn't trade him for any other dman and he has been the teams best player this year.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Subban has lived up very well to his contract I think. I wouldn't trade him for any other dman and he has been the teams best player this year.

after Subban signed his deal, he went on to win the Norris, was nominated for another, his point totals have risen every year, he's on pace this year to beat last year's career high 60pts and he's likely to finish as leading scorer of this team.

You can complain he's paid too much, but you can't complain about the fact that he not living up to his contract. He's done that and more.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
after Subban signed his deal, he went on to win the Norris, was nominated for another, his point totals have risen every year, he's on pace this year to beat last year's career high 60pts and he's likely to finish as leading scorer of this team.

You can complain he's paid too much, but you can't complain about the fact that he not living up to his contract. He's done that and more.

Not to mention he's giving back to the community more than anyone else.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

This is an elite player in every sense of the word. This thread should be as boring as crap since when you're that good, well, you're that good.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
PK Subban is one of the top defensemen in the league. Thank god we have him and he loves playing here despite all the crap.

AlphaCentauri

Oct 11, 2015
Montreal
Yes, he is an elite player. He give 100% every game and he believe that each payer in the team must do It. When he think that It is not the case, he become very upset and express It aloud in public like in his famous: "It’s not my job to score goals". Maybe a little more diplomacy... :sarcasm:

Boris Le Tigre

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jan 9, 2007
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Man we are bad. But we are not as bad as we used to be. We had some poor teams and we haven't had anyone with talent like PK since the 80s. Let's not run him out of town like Chelios, Roy (Saku almost). Chrissakes. For once let me have nice things.

MakeTheGoalsLarger

Dec 9, 2011
Antarctica
Subban starts playing recklessly when the team is horrible and he feels like he has to do everything.

Is this the type of attitude that would prevent the team from winning a cup? No

I see no problem with PK. Not his fault he's stuck on a pathetic team.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
This is an elite player in every sense of the word. This thread should be as boring as crap since when you're that good, well, you're that good.

No thread about PK Subban will be boring as crap. He's becoming an iconic Hab, the kind whose style and skill will some day have his number hanging in the rafters. If there's one figure who could possibly reach the exalted status of Jean Beliveau in the eyes of Montrealers, it's our PK. Yeah, he's that good, and he's that classy.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
When people will be fed up with Lord Stanley, the name will be changed to Subban Cup.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
For those who complain that PK tries to do too much or should play more of a simple game, Subban plays a high tempo game and forcing him to play more conservative will not improve his game but just make it less effective. Also Subvan often has to carry this defense group which lets face it is just him. Markov is too old and the rest of the defense is currently made up of bottom pairing defenseman.

People will point up his mishap last night on the Kings winning goal as a reason why he isn't a elite defenseman but without Subban the Habs would have been shutout.

I don't know why people call out Subban for any mistakes he makes and then at the same time forget all the good plays he makes. Frankly if you focus on his mistakes and ignores the skill he brings to the team then I can't say anything else.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
The level of hate and disrespect that PK gets from this fanbase is extraordinary.

Next to Price, easily our best player. For sure our best skater.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I hate it when he over-celebrates the odd goal etc.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
For those who complain that PK tries to do too much or should play more of a simple game, Subban plays a high tempo game and forcing him to play more conservative will not improve his game but just make it less effective. Also Subvan often has to carry this defense group which lets face it is just him. Markov is too old and the rest of the defense is currently made up of bottom pairing defenseman.

People will point up his mishap last night on the Kings winning goal as a reason why he isn't a elite defenseman but without Subban the Habs would have been shutout.

I don't know why people call out Subban for any mistakes he makes and then at the same time forget all the good plays he makes. Frankly if you focus on his mistakes and ignores the skill he brings to the team then I can't say anything else.

Come on.....its glaringly obvious nobody is "ignoring" either. Good with the bad.

Apr 28, 2010
I love PK Subban. Just imagine when he actually gets to play for a coach that loves him too.

Same can also be said for Eller and Chuckie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad