Player Discussion PK Subban - Lost An Edge Edition *Mod Warning Post 1*

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Well, herein lies the problem: the Jean Beliveau trophy is decided by a committee outside of the locker room. This nomination is decided by team vote.

That's a key difference no matter how much stock you put into this issue.
Not really....he won one award, the team votes for the captain for the other award

Again, I'll repeat....if this story didn't involve PK Subban, no one would care and it would be a non-issue

There's just this need to turn any Subban story into more than it is

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
The media has nothing to report. There's no playoffs so...

Is it any wonder we're hearing stuff like this? Bottom line is that if I were MB, I'd have shut PK down for the year once he had that injury. Let him heal. If we lose games, so be it.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
If this season is somehow closed down with a PK rift and his eventual trading, this management will look beyond terrible.
Price was lost for a year, no way to know if he's actually bouncing back well, so you're going to trade your best player? Not only that, but your biggest fan attraction??..Your most charismatic and money bringing player??
I can't believe they're that stupid.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007

Is it any wonder we're hearing stuff like this? Bottom line is that if I were MB, I'd have shut PK down for the year once he had that injury. Let him heal. If we lose games, so be it.
Just listened to that fat pasta chill try to justify his hysteria on tsn.ca

I'm sick of Tony Marinara. "We COULD be telling you where he is and how long, but we won't, we're too good" so he spends 30 minutes speculating about it instead.

I hate them so much, I hope he chokes on a canneloni.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
If this season is somehow closed down with a PK rift and his eventual trading, this management will look beyond terrible.
Price was lost for a year, no way to know if he's actually bouncing back well, so you're going to trade your best player? Not only that, but your biggest fan attraction??..Your most charismatic and money bringing player??
I can't believe they're that stupid.

The organization does NOT like Subban. Even before BargainBin they don't like Subban.

I don't doubt that he's an unlikable person. If he was one of my teammates I would've wanted to strangle him by now.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
The organization does NOT like Subban. Even before BargainBin they don't like Subban.

I don't doubt that he's an unlikable person. If he was one of my teammates I would've wanted to strangle him by now.

Teamates also didn't like Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Teamates also didn't like Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant
Kobe, especially, was rightfully criticized until he raised his game to another level.

If Subban wants to be tolerated, he's going to have to raise his game even higher.

And this is fine, I love the kid, but having played the few bit of competitive sports I have, I know in my bones that he's one annoying hot dog in the lockerroom and he must be infuriating to play with, much less against.

He's not a C.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
house cleaning required

fire everyone who dislike Subban

then trade player personnel who dislike Subban

Seriously, do you trust Pacioretty,Plekanec or Markov?? Do you really believe these guys give everything they have game in game out? Of course not. Build around a winner. Build around PK.

TheViperOne

Jul 26, 2005
Sorry but in a place where we almost know the color of underwears players, anyone who follows the Habs and don't know yet that Subban is far from a favorite in the room is completely blind.

It was only a matter of time until someone made this about color. Surprised it took this long.

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal

Exactly.

It is also a fact that losing will cause infighting in most organizations... especially if its a fall from heights.

Much of any percieved problems in the room this year are a result of losing so many games.

As far as the PK and Price injury go... TSN, you are way overdoing it.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Why can't his teamates just leave him alone? I mean don't talk to him and let him play, he's their best player after Price; Subban is a superstar, why not just let him be and thank Nietzsche he makes the team win in clutch games ?

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Why can't his teamates just leave him alone? I mean don't talk to him and let him play, he's their best player after Price; Subban is a superstar, why not just let him be and thank Nietzsche he makes the team win in clutch games ?
Have you ever been on a team with an utterly annoying attention ***** know-it-all? It's infuriating.

I have tons of empathy for his teammates, but I also know that Subban is our best skater and until someone knocks him off his perch, they gotta suck it up and shut their mouths.

No one is outperforming subban right now, especially not Casper, Stoogeanec or Markov.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Lolol Jordan!! When Subban raises his game to Michael freakin' Jordan level he could do whatever he wants.

Did I compare Subban to Jordan?

Also, as a guy who looked to Jordan as his idol and basically knows everything about him...did you know that team success didn't come immediately for Jordan?

He was criticized, quite heavily for being selfish and individualistic early on his his career. He had clashes with his coach and teamates until he matured and became the Jordan we all know today

So easy....

The point I was making is, being liked is inconsequential...results are the only thing that matters

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I find what's ironic is now the media is playing this "King Clancy" NOMINATION by Pacioretty as a slight to Subban

Or as an indication that there's friction between Subban and his teamates...

they have no idea, maybe even Subban himself nominated Pacioretty....

But creating this story where a freakin' nomination of an award that Pacioretty has ZERO chance of winning, means that his teamates don't like him...somehow becomes fact

the media fabricates a right between teamates and somehow, Subban is responsible for it

Unbelievable...

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Have you ever been on a team with an utterly annoying attention ***** know-it-all? It's infuriating.

I have tons of empathy for his teammates, but I also know that Subban is our best skater and until someone knocks him off his perch, they gotta suck it up and shut their mouths.

No one is outperforming subban right now, especially not Casper, Stoogeanec or Markov.

Is it possible that Subban annoys certain teamates?

Certainly....it doesn't mean he's not respected or liked in the dressing room.

As I've been saying for awhile now....all of these issues related to Subban are only exacerbated because they involve Subban.

To think there aren't tons of different personalities on EVERY team is quite ridiculous if you ask me.

People just need to let him be

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Kobe, especially, was rightfully criticized until he raised his game to another level.

If Subban wants to be tolerated, he's going to have to raise his game even higher.

And this is fine, I love the kid, but having played the few bit of competitive sports I have, I know in my bones that he's one annoying hot dog in the lockerroom and he must be infuriating to play with, much less against.

He's not a C.
Maybe he's not a C... but so what? Neither was Lafleur. He's a HF talent and he shows up in the clutch. He's the kind of guy you build a team around. He's as good or better than any blueliner in the league.

I have no idea what he's like in the dressing room but my guess is that things are overblown. Anyways, it just doesn't really matter as far as I'm concerned. I put him in the same class as Chelios and that's about as high a compliment as I can pay anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad