PK Subban Embellishment

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
That seem a step above, like pushed by insecurity to try to keep a place in the league level, he went from years of being a first pair to third pair in a year this season ?

That should be a special case of suspension without needing previous embellishment call in the season, because usually they are subjective and not that clear and you can have some benefit of the doubt that they really loose balance and felt.

When it is that clear an auto 2 game should be called. It is an extreme anti-sportsmanship, it make referee job harder and so on.

Last edited:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
We're missing the real story here. Those Whalers jerseys look amazing!
I was actually going to say the real story here is the embarrassment of the Hurricanes wearing the Whalers jerseys after their old owner conspired with the now convicted felon and former governor to steal the franchise out of Hartford. But yes, the jerseys are clean as hell, even though Carolina should never be allowed to wear them or play the Brass Bonanza.

Last edited:

Aug 3, 2010
It's a shame to see how far he's fallen. He was a positive difference-maker more nights than not early in his career. Unfortunately he's a magnet for attention, both positive and negative, sometimes outside of his control but to an extent, all people reap what they sow.

Reactions: Devonator

Aug 3, 2010
I was actually going to say the real story here is the embarrassment of the Hurricanes wearing the Whalers jerseys after their old owner conspired with the now convicted felon and former governor to steal the franchise out of Hartford. But yes, the jerseys are clean as hell, even though Carolina should never be allowed to wear them or play the Brass Bonanza. It’s a joke that they wear those sweaters.
The NHL's convoluted franchise histories are all over the place:
  • Colorado almost never really acknowledges the Nordiques.
  • Calgary has worn Atlanta Flames' logos as patches on occasion.
  • The Winnipeg Jets 2.0 don't own their franchise history despite occasionally marketing and wearing Jets 1.0 branding, though the history "belongs" to the Coyotes, and Winnipeg certainly doesn't acknowledge the Thrashers whatsoever (that I've seen) since they've returned.
  • Dallas sometimes does some retro marketing with the North Stars branding.
  • Vancouver sometimes likes to bring up its history with the Millionaires/Maroons like they're actually relevant since they have no other winning history as a modern franchise. The irony is the Canucks millionaire ownership spent (I presume) millions to buy the Millionaires history so that the Canucks can market the Millionaires to make more millions for the millionaires.

Superficially I'd still rather see Hartford's branding and colours pop up sometime instead of not-at-all. There's a lot of brand and history bastardization in this League that prides itself in tradition, however shallow.

Last edited:

Aug 3, 2010
This isn't blatantly at all to what you are talking about. You reap what you sow? He's not a bad person, is he? So how about you come out , and say you are attacking him because of his brother?
:laugh:
Did you even participate in the original thread about his brother? I did - very much so.

Go find it, read it, and be a fool on your own time without dragging others into it and making dumb assumptions.

Show us all the part where I said he was a bad person and not discussing the fact that he's not much better than a replacement-level player who has begun building a reputation for dirty on-ice plays because he doesn't keep up with the play well anymore. He attracts attention and he can't back it up the way he used to.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Gross. Sucks that there's no vid out there but I remember F.Forsberg doing this a few years back, difference being that Bieksa's stick was a good foot away from his head and a penalty was still called.

Reactions: MD93

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad