GDT: @ Pittsburgh

Swag Surf Aho

Find Your Own Style
Jul 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Listening to it on 99.9 the Fan. Pens up 4-2 now. Triangle tic-tac-toe play for the fourth goal. Crosby drops it back to Kunitz who extends the stick and makes the pass to Kessel who taps it in.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Honestly, really hard to assess anything based on the terrible stream. A lot of prime scoring chances given up by the Canes, but it's pre-season and Pens have all their stars playing tonight (Crosby, Kessel, Malkin Letang, Maata, etc...) so not overly surprising that they are having their way with the Canes.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I think we knew this already but yikes it looks like Pittsburgh is going to make mincemeat out of us this season.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
I think we knew this already but yikes it looks like Pittsburgh is going to make mincemeat out of us this season.

While they are a much better team and I expect them to have a much better record than Carolina this year, let's not base it off of this game. They have Crosby, Malkin, Kessel, Hornqvist, Kunitz, Letang, Maata all in the line-up, so basically their first 2 lines and their first pairing on defense. Canes don't have their top line and only half of their top pairing.

Not exactly apples to apples.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
I've given up on the stream. If it gets better and people can provide input on how certain players look, I'd appreciate it.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
- It looked like the Globetrotters vs the Generals in the 1st period. There were some really ugly defensive breakdowns for the Canes that period.
- Hanifin looked really hesitant to handle the puck. Any time he received it, he immediately passed off to a teammate, resulting in a couple turnovers. I’ll chalk that up to nerves.
- Wiz can really bring it from the point. It will be nice to have either Faulk’s, Wisniewski’s or Murphy’s shot on the ice basically at all times.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Skinner makes it 5-3. Good heads up pass by Hanifin to I think Rask and then activation from #5 to create that chance. Skinner put home the rebound. Lindholm was in front of the net creating traffic as well.

Crosby makes it 6-3. The Canes defended that pretty well. Ward simply got fooled by Crosby's backhand.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
Hahaha no. But me and my friend happened to be talking about him and how nice of a guy he was at the autograph session while walking back from the parking lot dropping off our new signed stuff. And while walking back into the stadium what do you know this girl came up to us that was behind us and asked us "Were you just talking about Jacob Slavin" and we were like yea? She was then like "O, he's my husband". Was literally so freaking bizarre we happened to be talking about him while we had no clue his wife was walking right behind us lol. She didn't know anyone at the Carnival as they just moved from Colorado. So she ended up hanging out and watched the scrimmage with my friend and I. Was cool to hear what the life of a hockey prospect wife was like haha. Both her and Jacob are incredibly nice people, and both seem to be so thankful to where Jacob Slavin is in his career. I was a huge Slavin fan from last years prospect camp after meeting him, now I'm even more of a huge fan haha. I'm really hoping Slavin makes it to the NHL now.

Cool Story. I sat behind Justin Peter's Wife/GF (no sure) at a game once. I didn't talk to her, she seemed kinda unpleasant TBH.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad