Pittsburgh Sports Media Gibberish: Bombulie ‎to restore order @ the Trib

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
The Forsberg pick was inexcusable, it's as simple as that. I'm not even going to bother arguing that one. I'm happy with Pouliot, but there was no excuse to pick him over Forsberg. Forsberg was rated higher was was a consensus top-3 pick almost everywhere.

At the time of the draft, Saad was rated lower than Morrow. I really don't understand how you can be upset with us taking Morrow over Saad. If Saad weren't from Pittsburgh, people wouldn't be so pissed about it. The Forsberg pick was much worse than the Saad pick at the time.

Uh I can totally be upset about the saad pick because he's exactly who I wanted to take and he turned out to be a great player

ILikeTurtles

Sep 2, 2010
That's exactly my point, by the day of the draft, he wasn't a sure fire 1st rounder. He dropped like Esposito did. You can't solely fault the Pens for passing on him when he was ranked lower than the guy they actually drafted and every team passed on him at least once.
Bob McKenzie had him listed at 22, this site had him rated at 24. His skills were evident and he had a nagging groin injury that was documented. If you don't believe that he was clearly first round material your missing it. Yeah he dropped and got passed over by several teams but when those guys drop it tends to scare other teams away.

The Greatest 101

Dec 10, 2013
Manchuria
The Forsberg pick was inexcusable, it's as simple as that. I'm not even going to bother arguing that one. I'm happy with Pouliot, but there was no excuse to pick him over Forsberg. Forsberg was rated higher was was a consensus top-3 pick almost everywhere.

At the time of the draft, Saad was rated lower than Morrow. I really don't understand how you can be upset with us taking Morrow over Saad. If Saad weren't from Pittsburgh, people wouldn't be so pissed about it. The Forsberg pick was much worse than the Saad pick at the time.
Of course Pouliot over Forsberg is the worst.The second worst is Harrington over Kucherov.If we had Forsberg and Kucherov,who the **** would care about Saad?

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Of course Pouliot over Forsberg is the worst.The second worst is Harrington over Kucherov.If we had Forsberg and Kucherov,who the **** would care about Saad?

Don't think it is worth getting worked up about guys we missed late in the 2nd round.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Don't think it is worth getting worked up about guys we missed late in the 2nd round.

when you're desperate for young help, especially on the wings, draft picks in the first few rounds are crucial. That's the reason Tampa is as good as they are now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad